Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has just been a plain long, long, long winter up here in MN this season. They are saying coldest in 35 years and will probably go down in the top 10 on record.
Today went and shot at a local indoor range and I am longing for just a fun day out in the woods shooting at some stumps, leafs or twigs. I know it will come just not soon enough.

·
赛
614 Posts
Well it has just been a plain long, long, long winter up here in MN this season. They are saying coldest in 35 years and will probably go down in the top 10 on record.
Today went and shot at a local indoor range and I am longing for just a fun day out in the woods shooting at some stumps, leafs or twigs. I know it will come just not soon enough.
Not nearly soon enough!!! It's been a tree breaker, frog drowner, roof ripper of a winter here. Even the true natives, those who were born here and have lived their entire lives here are kinda in a state of shell shock from the last three months.

Although I've the new indoor setup in the barn I've got Cabin Fever something fierce.

Regards,

Salskov

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Go east young man!

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
It's been kind of wearisome here, too.
Snowing as I write this.
And 0* F.
And windy.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
In the 80 in North Texas to day. I fid not go stumping but shot two rounds at Cinnamon Creek ranch. Come on down

·
Registered
398 Posts
Arron, just down River from you. Been in this since opening gun season up by Red Lake, last morning there it was 6 above w/ 25mph winds and 8" of snow, the lake even froze up. Just making arrows and waiting for the melt, snow piled up to the top of my crapapple tree; takes a very long rake to find an arrow in the snow. Expect very few deer this coming season, like 96/97 season, as long as it doesn't have spots it will hopefully be on the grill. Remember going waterskiing the first wk of Mar. in 'mid-60s' on the River, started on the dock and landed on the dock or it would have been a 'polar plung'.
The worst part of the last day of the hunting season is waiting for the next opening hunting season.

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
I'm acclimated now and anything above 10F or so feels kind of nice especially if the sun's out. I've made a mental note of where I have to look for arrows under the snow this spring!

This is our worst winter since 78/79 where we lost almost 500,000 deer. I'm afraid of what I'll find on my spring walks.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Texas, I luv u. 80°F yesterday, 3D practice in Tee shirt. 32°F and ice today :crawfish:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Matt that does not surprise me I don't know how you guys don't go nuts. I always hesitate to whine about our weather here because of the people that live up north and west.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cold Cold Cold!!! Just got back from spot league and I can sure see my lack of shooting showing up in my scores. Getting out to shoot once or maybe if I am lucky twice a week is not helping.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Beautiful day today cloudy this morning clear as a bell and 70+ degrees F this afternoon. shot the LB for 1 1/2 hours today. Tomorrow rain & 55F that's south Louisiana for you! may not get to shoot atall

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Ok it's winter, BUT you have a bow you can shoot.

RIGHT.......I have neither, no snow - no winter - no bow.....so get out there already....get some flu flu's with bright orange feathers and SHOOT ALREADY... ;)

Jer

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Well, not that I'm complaining but that "BIG" snowstorm that was suppose to deliver a foot of heavy snow.... didn't make it to north Jersey! ....A very good thing! I haven't seen the weather forcast for today as yet but heck, they're 50% at best, most of the time.... Might a got lucky this time.

Tom

·
赛
614 Posts
Ok it's winter, BUT you have a bow you can shoot.

RIGHT.......I have neither, no snow - no winter - no bow.....so get out there already....get some flu flu's with bright orange feathers and SHOOT ALREADY... ;)

Jer
Jer -

Been meaning to ask; I know (from experience) that the Emirates can be idiosyncratic to just plain weird about what they classify as weapons, but bows? Dubai didn't have a prob with archery stuff but I got into some hot water one day for carrying my Leatherman, which was promptly confiscated . . .

Regards,

Salskov

1 - 20 of 24 Posts