Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would or does it mean to win the Triple Crown ??

To me it would be a milestone of who you are as a shooter and a competitor. I think to be able to shoot at that level all season makes a statement of who you are also as a person. I respect you !! Cal

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
It means you're the best over 3 different courses on 3 different days so a great achievement. I won the OAA Triple crown in 09 and it meant a lot to me.

Waiver, No Texans were harmed in this comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Jon, calvin just has a wonderful time at Bugscuffle, but for some strange reason, he doesnt shoot worth a hoot there,,,,,,,,and I enjoy it very much :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
To me of everything I've won the Triple Crown means the most....it's the 3 hardest courses we shoot all year and even though I didn't win all 3 I did shoot good enough to hold off John Demmer and Jim Powell for the overall win.

My hats off to anyone who can hold it together and take it home.

Dewayne Martin

Reactions: FBAXIS and Redbow

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ben, is your handle on Stickbow Babysaph...LOL.....that sounds just like something he'd say...it gave me a good laugh.

Hope all is well

Dewayne

Reactions: itbeso

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ben are you still coming to the Trad Worlds this year???

We'd love to see ya again.

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I've heard it said that the Archer that wins the Triple Crown is really the IBO Champ for that year....Being that someone could shoot badly at the Worlds, and not win, or someone could shoot exceptionally well at one event, (the Worlds), and win it, without placing top 3, or maybe even 5 scores, at the NTC shoots that come before the Worlds...I have much respect for anyone shooting top of the heap at any of the NTC, IBO Worlds, or IBO Trad Worlds...With my work/life schedule, and physical limitations, I'm dong well to stay in the 8.5-9 point per target average at local shoots, so the scores that some of Y'all shoot at these big shoots is scary good!...Much Respect!.....Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.