Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go buy yourself a 5/16X24 hex bolt and hacksaw the head off leaving a flat. Then spin in a drill against the belt sander till it is flat.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Drill and Tap a 5/16'sX24 hole over the pivot of the grip and leave half the bolt head diameter and then about 50 thousands. You know,,like this.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Then find yourself some sticky back Velcro, the female smooth kind.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Match stick and angle it on the bottom to make the pivot point level with the shelf and raise the velcro adjacent to the Bolt head.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Then another piece of velcro or Mole hair/leather on the bolt head.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Now slot it with a hack saw for a screwdriver and break the sharp edges so you do not rack yourself or you clothes and you have an adjustable "Off the shelf" rest.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Good idea Sam, I want a bigger head. I was bummed I can't find anchor bolts in -24 thread pitch. I might pick up a 1/2" bolt and turn it down and thread it to the 5/16-24.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Good idea Sam.

For those that don't want to tap another hole in their riser closer to the shelf, you can use one of these in the existing plunger hole, turned vertically. It's plastic so you can easily trim it to whatever height necessary. Cover with whatever side plate material you prefer.

They cost about 5 bucks.

·
( Rob )
429 Posts
For those that don't want to tap another hole in their riser closer to the shelf, you can use one of these in the existing plunger hole, turned vertically. It's plastic so you can easily trim it to whatever height necessary. Cover with whatever side plate material you prefer.
Where do you buy this at ??? I want one.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Good idea Sam.

They cost about 5 bucks.
What is his called and where do you get it?

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rod or anyone, is this set up IBO legal for Trad class?

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
With my Daala And Gen 1 I got a short flat head and short hex lock nut. Put Velcro over slot bead.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts