Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to local small minded trad police (long story) I am trying to set a wood bolt down recurve up for a trad shoot on Sunday. I had a huge clear out a couple of months ago so have no arrows for it. It pulls [email protected] but is still the fastest bow I've ever shot. I threw some 30" Blue Streaks 150's with 80gr tips through it but they were way weak, BS 8" right nock hard left. Following an FB chat with JD I built centre shot way out and it seems better at the 15yd I could shoot.
I really enjoyed shooting old school high anchor again so may do it more. My question is, would I be better with longer stiffer arrows and heavier points for IBO Trad. I was holding 18" low at 15yd with these arrows, nock under the eye but a PO under 30 would work much better I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
798 Posts
Due to local small minded trad police (long story) I am trying to set a wood bolt down recurve up for a trad shoot on Sunday. I had a huge clear out a couple of months ago so have no arrows for it. It pulls [email protected] but is still the fastest bow I've ever shot. I threw some 30" Blue Streaks 150's with 80gr tips through it but they were way weak, BS 8" right nock hard left. Following an FB chat with JD I built centre shot way out and it seems better at the 15yd I could shoot.
I really enjoyed shooting old school high anchor again so may do it more. My question is, would I be better with longer stiffer arrows and heavier points for IBO Trad. I was holding 18" low at 15yd with these arrows, nock under the eye but a PO under 30 would work much better I think.

I would like to hear about it if you don't mind. But I do understand if you prefer not to. I wonder if it may be somewhat where I fear I'm headed. Already pondering a wood riser for next year. Maybe It's just me.... but since I have gone to a metal riser, I sense that there is small division or wedge between myself and the other Trad shooters. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to hear about it if you don't mind. But I do understand if you prefer not to. I wonder if it may be somewhat where I fear I'm headed. Already pondering a wood riser for next year. Maybe It's just me.... but since I have gone to a metal riser, I sense that there is small division or wedge between myself and the other Trad shooters. I could be wrong.
The Trad Police are doing everything they can to keep long riser metal bows away. If you shoot one, you're not allowed to build the shelf up or have anything in the plunger holes. One guy even wants a minimum 50# draw weight and wood bow only in Trad

·
Registered
798 Posts
The Trad Police are doing everything they can to keep long riser metal bows away. If you shoot one, you're not allowed to build the shelf up or have anything in the plunger holes. One guy even wants a minimum 50# draw weight and wood bow only in Trad

If they give him a class to himself, he would likely be happy

·
Registered
798 Posts
He used to win all the time so hates the new bows beating him.

My circuit rules state that I can use a rest. I suspect that this is more of an issue than my metal riser. If the rules change, I will be happy to change. No hard feeling toward anyone who might push to get the rules changed. But I am entertaining the thought of going wood riser off the shelf for next year. It will be fun to go back where I came from...... Or rather set up two bows and rotate them

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

You've got to be kidding. Up here pretty much anything without wheels and a sight is called "Trad".
I guess if he narrows the rules enough to win it's all good, lol.

Smoke him Jon.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Maybe it's guys like him that are the reason some tournaments don't call it "trad", they call it recurve?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts