Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…..for RU class.

In the other singlestring classes there are rules stated for points and fletch, but RU seems to be OK with glue in points, and there is no restriction stated for feathers/vanes.

My question is…….will I be legal using arrows with only 2 feathers?

I got to try the two fletch arrows outside yesterday out to 55 yards, and I don`t think 3 fletch would buy me a single point at that distance, so IBO distances should be fine for sure.

Thanks for any clarification,

Mitch

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I've seen guys shooting 4 fletch so I don't see why 2 shouldn't be ok if that's what you want to do but I haven't gone in an looked at the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
996 Posts
I read the rules. Of the 3 main traditional classes for IBO, only the TRAD class has specific rules stating that vanes or feathers must be used and at least 4" long. Apparently, RU and LB can do whatever they want regarding fletchings, as long as all the arrows are identical. I wonder why TRAD has a specific ruling and the other 2 classes do not?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It was originally called Traditional Hunter class, so the arrow rules are probably a holdover from the regular Hunter class.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The IBO rules aren't clear on some things, too much left open for interpretation.

They could be done better in my opinion.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just to clarify - I don't think writing a rule book is easy and everyone seems pretty happy with the IBO in general.

I'm not trying to be critical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts