Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo......Maybe I missed it....???.....What was the ruling on using internal weights in a Barebow riser, in conjunction with a 12" max. length stabilizer??...Example....IF I use the two internal weights on my Spig VBS riser, can I also use a 12" max. length stabilizer, or not?...In the IBO Hunter classes (Compounds), the rule was 12" stabilizer, with no additional internal weights, dog weights screwed into the riser, etc..etc...Anyone KNOW for sure the rules on this??....Thanks in advance!........Jim

·
Registered
677 Posts
Jon, ya your right, it was rusting sitting on the lot new.
Lets be realistic here Cal…….Them Chevy trucks rust at a LOT slower pace than Fords or Dodges, and have since the late 90`s.

Now back to the topic…….a solid stabilizer would have helped you lever yourself up out of the mud last weekend.:p

When are we going shooting again? I had a blast shooting with you guys.:cheers:

·
ryan brodrick
2,136 Posts
10" stab and a stack of heavy disc weights will mimic the barebow weights in lower bushing + stab and weights, just fine. The 12" stab rule pretty much makes all risers good bb risers.

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Registered
303 Posts
went to the ibo site. I see no ruling on internal or external weights just 12'' stab. so I would think they are both legal or both not legal. I remember when scott showed up with a clicker at trad worlds everybody was wondering but it didn't say you couldn't use it so it was ok. same would apply to weights it doesn't mention them either way

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I'm sure Jimmy will pitch in when he can but he did tell me you can only use I stab hole. Internal weights are fine but only one thing external, stab or weight, your choice. I used to have a weight screwed in to the lower stab hole as well as a 12" stab but moved it to internal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Internal weights are fine..I do remember seeing a screw in weight on the front of a riser but you can't have both a stab and a screw in weight.

Dewayne

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
If anyone needs one I could easily make-up a weight which would go between the riser and the stab. Thus forming part of the stab.

-Grant

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.