Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Covert Hunter, or others have the big hooks... just wondering ... I stand up in a deer stand half the time. I usually rest the limb tip on my boot.... I wonder if that would not work well with the bigger hooks?????

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
You can still set the tip on a boot it would just be resting on the bottom of the limb

I am so used to slipping a tip in my pocket or in the cargo pocket I will have to let you know how the big hooks work out this year

I had no issues with the 6's

·
Banned
548 Posts
The only problem I could see would be abrasion and possible failure of the string. You'd have to keep your eye on the end serving because that is what is going to take the brunt of whatever you rest the limb on. The large hook would render a limb tip protector rather useless.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I just rest it ontop of my foot.

Rusty is right though, they do hang really nicely. Even the Hex6 will do it if you've got enough weight in the bottom.

-Grant

·
The Mad Scientist
1,492 Posts
I would be more worried about clearance issues. You don't want to slam one of those limb tips into a tree!

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
I would be more worried about clearance issues. You don't want to slam one of those limb tips into a tree!
Being that the bow is much shorter than its 59 inch string would dictate I don't see that being an issue more of an advantage of this design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts