Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder why things aren't moving on the classifieds? Back in the winter, stuff was moving good. I bought and sold quite a bit of stuff. Now it seems the water shut off. Guess everybody is outside enjoying the good weather. Or like me, ran out of money temporarily, for toys.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Money...I've been lucky to grab ONE of the many items listed recently that I would have snatched right up a couple months ago. Once we settle on the new house I'll come try and clean up in here lol :cheers:

·
j-san = Jason
1,684 Posts
Money and space are my two reasons. My infant son eats up much of my spending money and the space I have allocated to archery gear is already pretty packed. I've got a new Omega Imperial and a Covert Hunter on the way for this spring/summer so I think I've invested enough in archery for a long while. I'll probably be looking to off-load some gear on the classifieds in the near future.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It does seem as if things aren't moving as fast a few months ago. I just haven't seen anything I am interested in right now. I have been looking for some light poundage ILF limbs in medium for a while, but the only set I saw, I was too late and they were sold.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Too busy to play with the toys I already have. More toys? While I have long suffered with 'New Toy Syndrome' I've developed more resistance of late...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since it's across the boards, maybe folks got what they wanted when it was cold getting ready for the warmup. I have one last bow for sale, but it can hang on the rack for awhile.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The bow buying and selling always seems to be hottest in the coldest months. Probably lots of people not shooting as much because of nasty weather and hanging out on the internet. Winter is also a good time to make a change in equipment, plenty of time to shake things out before serious outdoor competitions or hunting season.

One thing you can depend on is good quality, well taken care of gear will always sell, it's just a matter of time.

·
Spearhead
3,576 Posts
Me personally there has been some great deals that I've passed on, sold two risers due to my surgery and the bills, not shooting the risers so for me it's bad timing.
This is with insurance also. Medical cost sucks!!!!

Plus I have a few iron in the fire granted they are paid for, once I'm back on my feet it will be time to spring on some medium limbs.

Chad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts