Trad Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Don't everyone jump on the bandwagon until I sell all of mine - unless you have a HT21, ha!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I'm trying to slim the collection too, but couldn't resist trying a GT29 when the price was right. Should be here Friday

Reactions: rsarns

·
Super Moderator
2,865 Posts
When you guys put a few on trading blanket kindly give us heads up here on the main forum. We may help you with your problem, and worsen ours.. - lbg

·
Registered
181 Posts
3 has always been good for me. I feel guilty having more than that. I only have two armz... therein lies the true plight of archer homosapien. Well, if you are only going to have one or two I would say elite and ht21 are ideal...my plan is homemade 19 and 23, and a longbow...and a 27", oh crap! I've exceeded again
Odd number? That seems sacrilegious!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had several bows. Never more than 4 at once. I try a new one and if it "feels better" and shoots better than a current one, then something goes. You never know until you try it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
After reading this,…...maybe somethings broken in me.

I’ve owned 2 bows over the past 8 years and still like both BIG. As much as life allows I try to shoot daily, longbow in the early morning cause it’s really quiet and my recurve on and off through the rest of the day. Been chewing on commissioning another longbow build for about a year but feel I would be cheating on an old friend. I tend to be a minimalist.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well on my way to one bow. Heading out to ship a Gen1, Gen2 and a Dalaa. Have two people interested in my remaining gen2. Have two people interested in the Harrison longbows. A friend may want the 25” and limbs I just bought.

Then will live up to my signature One Bow Two Strings!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yes I just sold theDas Gen2, so now I will put them up. I have an El Lobo and a HSS. I have to go to bow club and work a shoot today, I won’t be able to respond until this evening after the shoot.

Thanks
Gil

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Down to three bows to sell. Just shipped off the last Gen2. Now two Harrison longbows and the WNS bow and limbs I just bought for a form bow. Then I am down to my Elite riser and 3 sets of Border limbs.

I am going to do it -"One Bow Two Strings" !

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man am I struggling with this right now. I have a goto bow - my daily shoot - but then I get itchy string fingers and want to shoot one of my other beauties. After taking it for a spin, I go back to my #1 and takes at least a dozen arrows to dial in again, even after just an afternoon with another. Didn't used to be a problem until my #1 became nice and heavy, and now all my lighter bows feel like totally different animals. The last 2 weeks have been pretty up and down like this.

I don't want to sell my collection (8 bows by now) but might have to find a nice spot for them just to look at, out of reach. Part of the enjoyment of the sport/art is shooting different bows, each with their own accents, talents and quirks.

Sucks to think I might be becoming 'bow-nogamous'. Yes that was crap but you get my drift.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I had hundreds of bows and many different collections, but once you make up your mind to get to one bow it is easy.

I am 68 and my kids are compound shooters. I just want to get back to shooting one bow great and using it to hunt. Once I moved to a longer riser and added weight on my bow it was a completely different experience and is helping me get my accuracy back faster.

Once you make your mind up sell the most prized bow first, then the others follow easily. Once they are gone it is liberating and makes you the master of one bow rather than a user of several bows.

I never had a recurve riser fail so the idea of backup isn’t necessary. When I did get down to one bow the first thing I thought about was getting a ht21 for hunting and backup. The only way I would need a backup is if this bow was stolen. If I can’t master my Elite no other bow or riser will help. I will hunt with it too.

it is all fun shooting, hunting and collecting. Now for me I have one goal and that is to shoot very accurately to 30 yards for hunting. I keep my shots 20 yards and in, but with the help of everyone here I am getting pretty accurate out to 30 (some days - ha).

Good luck with whatever you do.

Gil

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
PS - now I have $4000 for supplies to support the Elite and funds for Ohio Whitetail and Nova Scotia fly fishing. That is another plus. I keep the money from selling stuff I no longer need in a separate account.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts