Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19" riser. I wont to put medium limbs on it. I would like for it to be 35# for max weight. anyone have experience with the limbs rated on 17" or rated on a 25".Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
The old rule of thumb is 1 pound per inch of riser length, however, that doesn't quite work for lighter limbs. It's more of a percentage thing.

If you go to uukha.com and plug the numbers in their calculator, I think you can get very close.

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
Like Jim said it can vary some....and it depends some on if mfr. scales them with limb bolts mostly out, middle, or snugged down.
Loosely speaking, a limb rated 40-on-17" will be ABOUT THAT or 38-39# on a 19.
A limb scaled on a 25" riser will be ABOUT 5 or 6 pounds heavier on a 19" riser.
SATORI limbs I think are rated on a 21" riser......so 40# SATORI limbs might go 41-42 on your 19" riser.
good luck.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
A price range would be very helpful to give you some suggestions. I know some will tell you that their limbs win in every category.

Bowmania

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
250.00 to 300.00 I am just hoping to get 35# close to max not over 37# I am looking at the trad tech. I know they are rated on 17" riser.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If you buy Trad Tech limbs, the marked weight should be close to what you can hit with the bolts fully turned in on a 19" riser. You can always ask them to test the limb weight on an inhouse Titan III, as I've had a couple of sets from Lancaster that were much lighter than marked.

Price wise, my two favorite limbs from TT are the BM 2.0 wood/glass for moderate cost $150, easy tuning OR the TT RC Wood $430, which are much more expensive but are great limbs in feel and quietness. I personally have never found much success finding a limb that's in between the price points that I liked for price / performance. (Don't waste your money on the BM2.0 Carbon/Wood)

The Uukha EX-1 limbs would be the only one I might consider, but hard to find now they are discontinued.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I found a set of sky limbs. but I am going to look for Uukha used limbs. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts