Trad Talk Forums banner

I Need A Photograph

Tags
photograph
2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Phil 
#1 ·
My fellow archers, once again I must call upon you for your help ... I need a photograph. To be specific, I need a photograph of an archer at full draw ... taken from above looking down onto the top of the archers head showing the arms the shoulders and the bow.

Let me explain why .....

.... I've been invited to speak at a conference in mid August. The topic of my presentation is "The Influence of Joint Planal Dominance on Somato-sensory Neural Regulation" .. sounds a bit of a mouthful but in simple terms, it's about how the brain controls and regulates different joints of the body depending on how much movement they have and in which direction they have most movement.
I want the picture to illustrate the various joints of the upper body and how their spatial orientation changes together with the stability required to maintain a stable position under muscular tension.
I'm putting the final touches to my presentation.... I've have found a couple of images on an image search but lifting them from the web and inserting them into a presentation is frowned upon by the conference organisers due to copyright issues.

.. So my fellow toxophilites, if anyone has such a photograph that they'd be willing to share, my appreciation would be limitless

Thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
BINGO .. that's exactly what I'm looking for Grant.
If you're happy for me to use it, I'll go ahead and paste it into my presentation.
Grant, I really appreciate it, and to you other guys that have posted pictures .... a huge thank you

#8 ·
Phil,

I can do a better shot tomorrow morning if you'd like, I found a way of getting a more overhead view but the light was poor when I figured it out.
If that one will do you are welcome to use it. I specifically chose non-logo equipment and clothing for the purpose.

-Grant

Reactions: Phil
#9 ·
Grant ...Thanks for the offer of another image, but this one is perfect
The image you've posted demonstrates what I want to show perfectly. I've copied it into my presentation and it looks absolutly spot on.
... so once again I really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to help out .. cheers

BTW Grant, how would you like me to credit the photograph?

#10 ·
Sam
... thanks for the reply ... just as a matter of interest ... who are the guys in the photographs?

wait a minute .... holy moly .... I've just noticed

The guy in the bottom photo is an amputee using an axilla crutch ...who on earth is that guy .. and as the young people of today are so fond of saying ... That's awesome

#11 ·
Please feel free to credit Jessie McLennan for the photograph, I just held the bow.

-Grant

Reactions: Phil
#18 ·
Thanks for helping out everyone, I now have everything I need.
Once again TT comes to the rescue !!! Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.