Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned another to the dark side of Stringwalking, he has been shooting my borrowed Pro-Accent with 34# limbs Split finger for 7-8 months with good progress and got his Form to a solid foundation,

His new riser Best Moon and 36# SF limbs arrived yesterday and I helped tune the bow and introduced him to the dark art of Stringwalking, after 10min you could see this huge boyish grin developing, he was totally blown away by his new found accuracy.

Dec last year I was the only male Barebow here in Estonia, now we are 5 :cheers:

I'm off to France next weekend for IFAA Euro Bowhunters, sailed though our National 3D's last weekend with 3 new National records, I was pretty happy with the result as it's been around 3 years since I shot these rounds and distance estimating between 40-60 yards was bit of a challenge after being dialed into WA3D max 33 yards for last few years.

It's a great feeling to pass it on and see others progress and enjoy the sport

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
I would love to have a go at stringwalking, but, I am hopeless at distance estimation :sbrug:
Good luck to your expanding group. ;)

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I've home-grown two locally. Hoping to make that a few more over the winter.

-Grant

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Darth Morley? Has a nice ring to it...

The other Dana, -not- the Jedi Master ;-)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Just what in Hell is "string walking"? I've been reading a good many refrences to it in the archery forums I attend. And have learned that it is frowned upon by some competitive shoots. I mean like how high/low does one walk with fingers on the bowstring? Does one above the serving or only to the very top? and/or vice versa and "face walking is it similar or a whole 'nother animal?

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Just what in Hell is "string walking"? I've been reading a good many refrences to it in the archery forums I attend. And have learned that it is frowned upon by some competitive shoots. I mean like how high/low does one walk with fingers on the bowstring? Does one above the serving or only to the very top? and/or vice versa and "face walking is it similar or a whole 'nother animal?
The attachment might explain.

Attachments

Reactions: Cyrille
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.