Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stevelong sent me a bunch of arrows, thanks Steve.

I have not shot for nearly 2 weeks now, been recovering, so shot these CE Terminator Select 4560s this afternoon. They are 30" and around .400 spine so I put guessed and put some 145gr heads on. Didn't want to strip one to bareshaft it as they look real good.

This was my second group of 6 from 25 yards. The fifth arrow stuck in the target at a strange angle, nock right, and would you believe it the sixth arrow bust it in half :( . I was devastated as I hate loosing/ breaking arrows.

This must be a record, two shots and the arrow is gone. On the bright side they shoot great. Sorry Steve.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Pics don't lie much, ROD - - that's pretty good guessing, there.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve. Reckon I'm gonna try and paper tune them, never tried that before.

I think those big feathers cover a lot of miss tuning. These arrows are almost point on at 25 yards, about 5" high, with a slower string and silencers. Maybe the nock point is high though. With the GT 35/55 my point on is around 42 yards but those weigh in at 385gr with a 125gr point and are in the mid 180fps mark.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
I just sent ROD some arrows I had kind of "extra" piled up, and I kept half-lots.
I'll try some of these toiminaters meself, see if I can break some of them.
That's a skill set I've not yet honed, hitting the other arrows......

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the only time I would be reasonably "happy" would be a robin hood, with the first arrow being dead center of the aiming point. Even then I would rather avoid busting any arrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.