Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looking forward to watching the fun. I cant find fresh sign for nothing yet. Got some cams I should have checked this weekend but decided on catching up on some sharpening for myself and a few others.
Only 2 weeks left for elk. Deer opens in a few days but I got no plans for em.
I need to stop spending all my money on bows so I can cross the border and get an idaho elk tag eventually.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Drop point skinner: tool steel, wild cherry burl, put a couple mosaic pins with the brass ones. Its a smallish blade. My friend did leather work

the Grizz rig im wearing while in Mts just west of the park in ID. 1911 255grn Underwood Hardcast . Been doing plenty dry and live fire drills. Put a 22lb spring in it. Runs like a sewing machine.

Hairstyle Beard Eyewear T-shirt Engineering

HH~.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Drop point skinner: tool steel, wild cherry burl, put a couple mosaic pins with the brass ones. Its a smallish blade. My friend did leather work

the Grizz rig im wearing while in Mts just west of the park in ID. 1911 255grn Underwood Hardcast . Been doing plenty dry and live fire drills. Put a 22lb spring in it. Runs like a sewing machine.

View attachment 39011

HH~.
That chest rig interfere with your pack?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My assault pac chest strap rides above it the rig and my big custom ALICE pack I don't use any chest straps with. I have to be careful with my lightweight climber stand however. I carry that with my Assault Pac on the inside of it on my back.

HH~

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dang,

am i glad i did not race out the barn for opening day Archery for elk out west!!!!!

90 degrees at 7500ft til Thursday. Not my idea of good hunt weather. If you do get one down you better hope its not 3 day packout cuz meat aint going to make it.

weather suppose to turn off normal come end of next week! Good to hear.

HH~

·
Registered
762 Posts
Dang,

am i glad i did not race out the barn for opening day Archery for elk out west!!!!!

90 degrees at 7500ft til Thursday. Not my idea of good hunt weather. If you do get one down you better hope its not 3 day packout cuz meat aint going to make it.

weather suppose to turn off normal come end of next week! Good to hear.

HH~
Yessir, same temps here. Really sucks

1 - 20 of 78 Posts