Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going back to the ground this Fall and I have been looking at 2 new seats to hunt with. I'm liking the looks of this on by Big Jim.

http://www.shop.bigjimsbowcompany.com/Ground-Hunter-Seat-GHSEAT.htm

But I am also considering this one...

http://www.shop.bigjimsbowcompany.com/Millennium-M-300-Tree-Seat-M-300GrndSt.htm

I've read about how comfortable the Milleniums are but it seems the ground hunter seat would be more versatile.

Just to note I already have a Niff-t-seat but it gets rough on longer sits.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at them and decided that I'd get the Millenium. I like the way it attaches to the tree. IMHO, you will be able to sit longer, more comfortably, and with less movement.
I wonder about shooting out of one. Have you ever sit in one and shot out of it?

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I have (2) millenium hang on tree stands with the folding seat. Yes they are comfortable, but no lower back support. Hard to explain, but for me personally that's not good. I also have a summit climber with the open chair/seat. I have taken that seat to the woods on many ocations. While it's not as comfy on the back of your legs, it gives me better support and has arm rest. There are pros and cons to them all. You want to have your outline broken up, and on many ocations you can't get a stool/chair close to a big tree and not have it leaning. On the other hand you might have a down fall or large bush and a strap to a tree seat becomes useless. Whatever stool you decide to get, keep one thing in mind, Backrest. Nothing worse then sitting hunched over cause your stool doesn't have a backrest. Another con for stools is their fixed height. You can get lower to the ground with a strap to a tree model, or raise your height if you need to. Another issue is legs sinking into the mud.
I made one of those rope to a tree plywood seats. While it's light and a neat idea, I rarely use it. It's cheap and easy to build, plans all over the net.

Reactions: garyleehughes

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have (2) millenium hang on tree stands with the folding seat. Yes they are comfortable, but no lower back support. Hard to explain, but for me personally that's not good. I also have a summit climber with the open chair/seat. I have taken that seat to the woods on many ocations. While it's not as comfy on the back of your legs, it gives me better support and has arm rest. There are pros and cons to them all. You want to have your outline broken up, and on many ocations you can't get a stool/chair close to a big tree and not have it leaning. On the other hand you might have a down fall or large bush and a strap to a tree seat becomes useless. Whatever stool you decide to get, keep one thing in mind, Backrest. Nothing worse then sitting hunched over cause your stool doesn't have a backrest. Another con for stools is their fixed height. You can get lower to the ground with a strap to a tree model, or raise your height if you need to. Another issue is legs sinking into the mud.
I made one of those rope to a tree plywood seats. While it's light and a neat idea, I rarely use it. It's cheap and easy to build, plans all over the net.
I'm not going to be using any stools thats for sure. I like both of these seats to be honest and may end up getting both of them.

I think I could use the seat from my lone wolf alpha assault climber just like the Torgues seat.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just a thought...
My ground brush-blinds all have the same thing in common, a seat made of flat stones, a kinda "bench seat" where I can move around alittle... I can have alot of blinds,set-up and ready to go, with not having to haul a seat around/worry if the seat was stolen...

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I hunt from ground blinds a good bit pig hunting. I use three legged stool with a rotating seat. I had to rebuild the bearings on the seat to make them quiet enough to use for hunting

·
Registered
599 Posts
I use a Hammock Chair. It's the most comfortable and allows yu to swing around a little to maximize your shooting arc. Google it. Hammock seat or hammock chair. I forget which. I have fallen asleep in it though.

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
I considered buying the hunting seat, I think there should be a swivel seat for obvious reasons. I have agree with Kenn1320's suggestion as well. I have hung a hang-on stand just above the ground before.

Comes down to knowing your hunting spot and will it work where you want to hunt.

I hope you find what works best for you and I hope you give us a report on your findings.

All the best...

·
Registered
8,952 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I found a small three legged swivel seat with adjustable legs. Light, compact, and fits easily into the side tethers of a small backpack.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
My Nifty-Seat has been my mainstay since Jerry Simmons came out w/ it. Had one stolen from me and always keep 2. The down side is for long term setting, but for still hunting it is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My choice is the Huntmore 360.....check em out....don't need a tree to hang em on....3 legs all adjustable..big pads on bottom of legs so they don't sink into the ground....upper and lower back support. Comfortable to sit in for extended periods of time comfortably. I've even napped in mine....oops !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.