Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a older hoyt TD left handed. nothing on it says how long it is or what the draw weght is. needs a string too.
looks to be 62 or 64inches , anybody know? its not in good shape . got more dings on limbs and riser than normal. but i think plenty shootable. also warfable if necesary. what length string? value?... ron

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
Those are great bows, some of the sweetest shooting ever made. I have owned several and use one as my main competition recurve. No need to warf it; those limbs shoot as well as most newer ones.I would refinish it; if need be fill the gouges and paint it. If the draw weight of those limbs doesn't suit you the riser is warfable. It matters whether it is a T/D, T/D 2 or T/D 3. You should be able to tell from the markings on the limbs or under the grip. Research the archives here to find out about the process and who could help. Sell the old limbs on classifieds here.

I just sold a nice left handed one for $200.

For string length, measure the length overall of the riser. Then check the markings on the lower limb which will give you the length and draw weight of bow. Order a string, Dacron B50 or B500 three inches less than that.

Or you could measure the assembled bow around the curves. My nominally 70" bow I just measured at about 69" around both the back and the face, and my string measures 67. 5 inches.

I hope you rescue that bow and put it back into service in someone's hands. Or put it on classifieds here. There are a number of fans hereabout. - lbg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replys. dont know how to post pix. i am teck. challanged. also right
handed. one limb is marked U the other L. under the handle says T/D2-H20-L underneath it in a circle is 2203

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
In the riser pocket does it have limb bolts or just a bump for the limb butt slot to fit onto?
Some td-2s came with limb bolts, like the later td-3s, some not.
Limbs might be marked with pounds, for H16 - H20 - H24 for the 3 lengths of risers, and AMO lengths on those risers..........

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no limb bolts. cant find any other markings. the bottom limb had been painted...i just took some goo begone to the hoyt limb sticker ha ha it says...TD-5675-s amo

h24-66-51lb
h20-63-53lb
h16-58-66lb its a hoyt pro medalist. the riser is 20 inches long. 53lb

left handed and too heavy to boot.lol .. and i dont have a string that fits... ron

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good grief.. just read all the post again and longbowguy and others told me everything i needed to know... duh going to take the good advise and pass it on for sale or trade
on tradtalk ... ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts