Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an earlier thread, I mentioned my new Spectra warf. As requested, here are pics. The riser itself was very well done. It has a new satin black paint job, the space between the limbs and limb pockets have been filled in, and a new NAP spring arm rest installed. Limbs are S/F Axioms. It looks and shoots like a new bow. Best of all, I have about $180 in it. Pretty cheap for a very nice shooting bow.

Attachments

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
I have two of them John and yours looks mint. I sent Sam this Spectra that was old and ratty looking and he turned it into a jem, repainted and all warfed. Perfect alignment and I love the grip. Mine has a pair of XL Dryad's and is great for my 32.5" draw.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words. Yep, mine looks brand new. Somebody put a lot of time and effort into it to get it just right. And I only paid $80 for it. Scout I really like the looks of yours. Pretty slick. On mine, they plugged the rear insert somehow, and all you see is a flush disk about the size of a dime. I'm just amazed at how it shoots. Quite frankly, I like it better than all the rest of mine. I have some Dryad ACS limbs coming, and I may try them out on it and see what happens. The string that I threw on it, has some small spider legs on it, and that bow is dead quiet. None of my bows are that quiet. I was going to get another string made to put on it, but I'm afraid to now. It just shoots too good!

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
Great looking bow JOHN, yours too Bill.
John, how do you like the AXIOMs? I've never tried them.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve, I know some would argue, but I think that if you covered these limbs up, you couldn't tell them from most high end limbs on the market. They are that good. Now they are not a fast limb like the Winex, but they are pretty quick, and very smooth through the draw cycle. I can tell you this, with the Spectra, I shot over my hay bales. It amazed me that they had such good cast. I'm pulling around 40 pounds with them too. For $79.95, you really ought to try them. I guarantee that you will like them. Now I'll say this, the ILF fittings may not fit your riser, and you may have to change them out. I had to change them out before I could fit the limbs to the Spectra. The finish and graphics are top notch too. I think this is my second set. I plan on buying more warfs in the future, and I'll be putting Axioms on them. I just don't see the need in spending big bucks for limbs when these perform just as well for me. I had rather put my money in extra risers.

·
Spearhead
3,578 Posts
Nice looking bows.
Sam has mine to Warf I really like the looks of that riser.
I had a set of 26# axiom limbs on my sons bow he liked them till the limb butt developed a crack, had to be in the epoxy because he only draws 22" and to crack in the limb base is uncommon I think.
I'm thinking of trying them or tt black max on my spectra Warf?

Chad

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chad, those black max limbs are good too. I've had two or three sets of them too. I thought about using them, but the axioms were about $50 cheaper, and I was looking to save some money on this rig.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Forgive my ignorance...but what are warfs exactly ? They look like ordinary recurve bows. :? Do the letters 'warf' stand for anything ?

Cheers.
I thought from 'Star Trek', or was that 'warp' speed? They are (old) deflex compound risers fitted with modern ILF recurve limbs. Can be very good shooters if the limb bolts are aligned. And very affordable. You need a machinist who knows their stuff though. I shot an old Hoyt Spectra compound a few weeks back. Lovely bow.
I just googled it. Named after the inventor's pet dog apparently. Couldn't spell 'Woof'! Wickedly Amazing Radical Flinger!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I thought from 'Star Trek', or was that 'warp' speed? They are (old) deflex compound risers fitted with modern ILF recurve limbs. Can be very good shooters if the limb bolts are aligned. And very affordable. You need a machinist who knows their stuff though. I shot an old Hoyt Spectra compound a few weeks back. Lovely bow.
I just googled it. Named after the inventor's pet dog apparently. Couldn't spell 'Woof'! Wickedly Amazing Radical Flinger!
Oh, wow. That sounds sick ! :) I didn't even know that was an option (!!), but I've heard 'warf' mentioned so many times on Trad Talk that I thought I'd better find out what the fuss is all about.

It would be quite the project alright. :0)

Thanks man.

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
Some of us have shot more warfs than anything else.
Go to the bottom part of the list of forums, see WARFING WALL.
Bob Gordon started the WARF business, and Sam Dunham and Broadside have continued it on.
Bob's BOXER dog was/is named WARF....so that is what he called his riser conversions.

Reactions: Kiwidude
1 - 20 of 39 Posts