Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a riser in today that I bought online. It has already been warfed, and in good shape, but there is no rest on it. It has the broadhead cut out in it. I'm trying to figure out the best option for a rest. If I go with a stick on flipper, looks to me like I'll have to build out the cutout portion quite a bit. I can build up a ramp for off the shelf, which I prefer, but again the cutout issue. I had a rest recently that was plastic and attached to a threaded rod, that worked well, but just seemed kind of ugly. Anybody got any ideas they would like to share? Thanks.

John

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I have had good luck with NAP products, I plan to use a Center Rest in the near future. Some guys trim it a little shorter and put a little bend on the end to keep the arrow on the rest.

Heard good things about a springy rest as well.

Have fun with your new Warf, you will love the grip.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep Rick, I held the riser in my hand, and it did feel good. I went with the NAP rest, as I had one of them once before. I went with the better version, rather than the cheap one. Ordered some S/F recurve limbs for now, as money is a bit tight. I have some Dryad ACS longbow limbs on order now, for my Morrison riser, and that depleted the disposable income for now. Still pondering the proper string length, but I have three to try when the limbs get here. Hopefully, one of them will work. As you well know, warfs can be a bit tricky, so we will see. Thanks for the opinions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts