Trad Talk Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,647 Posts
Not sure about current prices but kindly give us first crack at them on here. - lbg

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Inside the limb pocket.
Chris, I want to be sure what I'm seeing in your picture, that's a simple stud that the limb butt notch pushes into/onto? thanks.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I use silicon pads under and over the limbs. Have to file down the DAS fitting to keep it from bottoming out. I’ve shot my other Hoyt T/D? For years this way with no problem. It fits like a glove.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I’m going to make a new set of silicon pads, borrowed these from one of my T/D3’s. One of the guys on this forum sold me a riser marked T/D2-H20-L under the removal handle. It has the same “simple stud that the limb butt notch pushes into/onto”. From all the different Hoyt/Sky T/D series of risers that I’ve collected, it’s seems to me that Mr. Hoyt used any and all parts on hand at the time of manufacturing. So many different combinations of parts it’s hard to keep track.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Chris, I have a H20 like I think yours (td-2-h20(R)), coming to me next week, with the hooded pockets/no limb bolts, I'll be interested to see how it's marked on grip frame......

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
One other observation, the yellow/orange T/D? riser is 1/2” longer than my T/D2 or T/D3-H24’s. I have most of my collection in storage. When I get the time I’ll bring out the horde and show some of the different combinations of parts and model numbers.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
I hope it's ok to show a couple of my recent additions on here.
Dark one is a TD-3 H20, blue one is a TD-2 H20.
Dark one has limb bolts, and is not drilled for thumbscrews.....I'll need to remove the riveted rockers, and locate the place for thumbscrew slots....and add thumbscrews.
Blue one has thumbscrews, but no limb bolts, has hooded pockets, and stabilizer bushings all over the place. I think I will simply shorten DAS bushings to get limb rocker down on riser floor, and shoot it with ILF limbs, as is. Who needs limb bolts? I can adjust tiller if needed with leather pads.
Earlier I thought the stab bushings had the older vintage small threads, but nope, these are all the 5/16" threads.
Blue one, if I am lucky, see 2 extra threaded holes in sight window, I might be able to use a SRF sight in there.
If I reaally like it, I will likely refinish the blue one to a hunter green color.
I plan to use the Hoyt 3r medium grip on the blue one. I might not use the dark one.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
199? Sky T/D3-H24-L riser, Sky 26" XL limbs (71" bow), 36# @ 31", DAS conversion and Tight Spot quiver. Arrow 1: Black Eagle Outlaw 32" 700's with 80 grain Top Hats, 333.8 grains total for 9.27 GPP. Arrow 2: Black Eagle Outlaw 32" 600's with 120 grain Top Hats, 396.2 grains total for 11.00 GPP. Arrow 3: Black Eagle X-Impact 32" 600's with 120 grain Black Eagle target points, 349.0 grains total for 9.69 GPP.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
My blue Hoyt TD-2 H20 in posts 52, 53 - - I stuck DAS bushings in some 3Rivers limbs I had, shimmed for tiller with some leather pads 'tween limb butts & pocket "hoods".....it shot amazingly well.
Phil Magistro was working with his own version of NAT GEAR bow painting & agreed to work on my bow with it.
I think he hit a home run.
Bow is about 41# at 28".....and I think they are mediums so it should be ABOUT 63" bow.....one of my favorites now.
I NEED to trim the leather shims, they stick out, leather broadhead covers..... but they look good, haha.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
“ Phil Magistro was working with his own version of NAT GEAR bow painting & agreed to work on my bow with it.”

Phil’s, paint job looks great.

The Sky Hunter Supreme (Rambo riser) and the Sky Hunter Express (T/D3 H20 riser) both were available in camouflage. Has anyone tried to clone that paint job?

Over the last five years I’ve collected a pile of T/D T/D2 and T/D3 risers. Some of them need paint jobs. The striping and degreasing part I have some experience.

The paint job I’m having difficulty wrapping my mind around the color matching and oak leaf pattern. Any ideals?

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
CHRIS, I've had the Hunter SUpreme & Hunter Express both in this camo.
Is this the one you refer to?
I've not tried duplicating it or anything, I'm just trying to follow you there.
I've also had both Rambo & TD-3 in this camo with a bit more rust/red in it.

Reactions: OhioChris

·
Registered
274 Posts
You're right Steve, Phil really made that riser shine. Great all around bow you have there now.

Thought I was pretty content with my tiny tribe of Rambo misfits but you guys are killing me. Now thinking I have to have an Express that shoots newfangled ILF type limbs. Yeah, that rust red for old times sake.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts