Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,729 Posts
Just pop the limb out and go to the hardware store. Metric or std, 8mm or what. a short machine bolt. Too long? Cut it off with a hack saw and square up with a file. Bolt head only? Run it in a drill against a sanding belt and radius it, cut a slot for screwdriver with a hack saw, bingo!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Ok. I AM an IDIOT. Thanks so much for all your input fellas. Upon removing the limbs, I remembered that years ago I had these limbs converted from ILF to Gamemaster ( I have a lot of bows to keep track of). SO...it's the screw that goes into the bushing from the conversion kit from Lancaster. They no longer make this kit, but after the holiday the parts guy from Lancaster is supposed to give me a call about finding this very specific piece of hardware. Thanks again everyone, and now I'm going to go die of embarrassment.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Gee Whiz! It that's all it is, press that fitting out; go the local hardware and get a 3/8" copper supply line and a 3/8" black plastic hole plug. :)

Automotive lighting Auto part Gas Font Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Yes it does, Sam. Apparently, the LAS (Dorado/GameMaster) conversion bushing had a threaded cap screw. He just needs to press that thing out.

I suppose he could go to a "good" hardware store and find a flathead bolt that would fit too.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If you just figure out the thread(only requires taking the limb to Lowes or ACE and see what screws in) its should be easy to find a replacement screw and then just cut it to length if needed but you can probably find one that works online.

·
Premium Member
21,729 Posts
Just pop the limb out and go to the hardware store. Metric or std, 8mm or what. a short machine bolt. Too long? Cut it off with a hack saw and square up with a file. Bolt head only? Run it in a drill against a sanding belt and radius it, cut a slot for screwdriver with a hack saw, bingo!
Past tense

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have read through this entire thread....
By golly, I still can't figure out what the OP needs.
Hey, Archer208, fear not. Whatever the piece is that you need, I should be able to make it....providing there is one to get good measurements from.
Seriously, if you are willing to ship the one you have, I will make a duplicate and send them back.
Just take and post a good photo of what you need and I should be able to know for sure if I can make it or not.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts