Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lost one of the button head limb screws/bolts, and apparently, the other one that's still attached is the last one in the known universe. I've contacted Hoyt, 3 Rivers, Lancaster, and multiple independent archery shops and no one can help me. Does ANYBODY know where I might possibly find this one screw??? I'd hate for one of my favorite bows to turn into several hundred dollar paper weight. Please please please. Thanks in advance!!!

· Registered
5,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Archer208! Is the button head screw that you're referring to located about 2.5" from the riser end of the limb? If so, you might try your local ACE Hardware? If it's the limb bolt, try Lancaster Archery under bow hardware and parts for something that may be compatible.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, it is. And oddly enough I was at my local Ace Hardware yesterday. I've called Lancaster yesterday, and I've been to Ace, Lowes, Home Depot, my local archery shop, and everywhere in between.

· Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Is the limb bolt what your talking about? Does it look similar to this? Or... are you talking about the alignment pin (it should be shiney)?

Automotive tire Cylinder Circle Automotive wheel system Auto part

· Premium Member
2,729 Posts
I don't have a clue where you'd find one of those. Heck, I've had several Dorado's and GM II's and I didn't know that thing screwed in. :)

If it were mine, I'd go to the local hardware, buy a cheap 1/4" drill bit (IIRC, the bushing is 1/4" ID) and fashion one. Epoxy it in the riser.

Might take a limb with you to make sure of the size fitting in the bushing.

Reactions: Archer208

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have a clue where you'd find one of those. Heck, I've had several Dorado's and GM II's and I didn't know that thing screwed in. :)

If it were mine, I'd go to the local hardware, buy a cheap 1/4" drill bit (IIRC, the bushing is 1/4" ID) and fashion one. Epoxy it in the riser.

Might take a limb with you to make sure of the size fitting in the bushing.
That's a great suggestion for a last resort. Thanks Jim.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
If you determined the thread spec(just take it to Lowes or ACE and find the the nut that fits) from the existing screw and posted a picture of it with the length measured then I think this would be fairly easy to sort out a solution.

· Premium Member
14,360 Posts
welcone to our confused forum. we are not sure what you have, 'zactly.
can you remove both limbs and show us both limb butts' both sides? that way we can see it all and help you out. and show the riser pocket with limb out..
thanks

Reactions: Archer208
1 - 20 of 28 Posts