Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, I'm italian (so, please forgive the bad english), I'm an happy owner of a gamemaster II.
I have only 2 "simple" questions about it.

The first is that when I mount the limbs, I have a 2-3 mm of gap from the bottom of the limb and the side of the washer that clamp the limb, is that normal?
Also that I have a doubt.... without any accessories mounted and resting the bow at the grip point, the bow is very unbalanced at the top limb side... is normal? becouse some pics that I have seen show this bow on a stand in perfect balancing, so I have this doubt.

Many thanks for your help...

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
Yes on both but do you have a sized down picture of the limb/washer gap?

Yes most short risers are top heavy without a stabilizer. ILF limbs are different in dims and vary.

Plumbers thicker tape and wrap around the 3/8's bolts and better yet, buy some bolts with a smooth shoulder that is 0.371 OD and will eliminate the thread bite on your limb forks. You will likely have to hacksaw the new bolts to correct length.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I assume you have the standard stock limbs, and there is a gap between the end of the limb and the "foot" / "lip" of the washer. This is perfectly normal.

The bow is slightly balanced to the top if you balance on the grip. I don't find it makes a big difference (I also shoot a GM2). If it really bothers you or you want a more neutral balance, you can buy some barebow weights (usually steel) that screw in the stabilizer bushing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the answers!!
At the moment I don't have a picture of the gap (I'm out of home) but I think you have understood very well my doubt.
To full fill this gap I have attached a small strip of felt at the side of the washer to ensure that does not ruins the limb.
About the balance, for me is not a problem, just a doubt related to the picture that I have seen.
So, thanks for your help and fast answers!

Now I can continue to enjoy with this magnific bow.... till to the next question :)

·
Barebow recurve
949 Posts
Harpoon, your English is very good! :)

The ILF limb/riser fit is a bit loose but locks down tight when strung. Some like to put a bit of felt or rubber gasket (bicycle tire inner tube) in there.

Regarding balance, most do tip back, especially ILF risers. Some add a short stabilizer or barebow weight to the front. This improves balance and adds mass to the bow. You can also add a wrist sling and adjust close to your hand so it stops it from tilting back too far.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
All of the Hoyt -Tec risered bows tend to balance very top backwards. A short stab of at least 12oz (300gm) will balance it out. Or even a barebow weight of around the same amount.
Unfortunately bare they really don't work well in my experience.

-Grant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the answers, at the moment I have the standard limbs that came with the Gamemaster II pack.
But I don't need a perfect balance for the shot, when I shot the bow is very stable and solid "out of the box", so my question was only a doubt.

Regarding the gap between the limb and washer I had attached a strip of felt, the same of the rest and it seems to work fine. Thanks!

:shooting:

PS. if someone should need: I occasionally mount a Truglo carbon xs 5 arrow quiver and it works very well, light, solid and it fits normal point or broadhead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.