Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Wirrex,
I wondered about that bow as well. I did a search and this is what I found from our local expert; no, it is not a good candidate for Warfing.

http://tradtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37498&highlight=hoyt+fastflite

SInce that thread was from a year and a half ago, you may try to PM Sam Dunham to see if his opinion has changed. Looks like Bob Gordon did one but he did not like the grip.

Where are you at in WI?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
That is the Hoyt Superstar riser. They were the 1st series of machined risers from Hoyt, around 1995. I had 3 as compounds. It is a heavy bow. Sure, you can modify it to make a recurve. If it was mine and I wanted to do it, I'd probably take a set of Sage limbs or Quinn limbs and mount them. The riser has a limb pocket that is a plate that pivots. I converted a similar design for a guy several years ago. You end up drilling a hole in the limb pocket plate for the index pin that is on the limb. That prevents it from moving from side to side. Simple conversion. The riser was 21" if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
12,786 Posts
Rasyad on this forum bought one of those risers ? 3 months ago, snagged it right out in front of me, I was just ready to hit the button to buy it & BANG - sold - - PM him to see if he did anything with it yet.
I think they look pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.