Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a hunting bow with the excel 21" riser and tt black max med limbs. I'm looking for opinions on suitable bow quivers and stabilizers.
I know this is the place to find it!

·
j-san = Jason
1,683 Posts
The Excel and BlackMax limbs are a great combo! I'm a fan of the Kanati Slim Jim Dual ARC strap-on quiver. It's for 2-blade broadheads, but you can get a regular sized hood for 3-4 blade heads. As for stabilizers, I usually never use one, but I find the Limbsaver S-coils to be pretty good for the money.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've got an excel with long SF UP limbs. I haven't put a quiver on it but to me it definately benefits from a stab. I tried the sims s coil but I felt it was too light and didn't really help with balance. Now I have a simple cheap 5"-12oz stab and it balances great! It's a great all around shooting bow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Woodguy, take a look at the trophy ridge static stabilizer. It comes in a 6" or a 9" model either one would work well with the excel riser. They are very well made do a very good job of stabilizing and dampening the bow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its hard to explain. As a custom furnituremaker, I can really appreciate a great piece of wood, but sometimes other materials can offer more consistency, strength, and adjustability. I am a tinkerer by nature. I also have rubber grips on handguns and synthetic rifle stocks. Go figure.

Thanks for all your input. I am going to check it all out and am looking forward to shooting the excel. I must admit that a 40 yr old Kodiak hunter is what gave me the bug. Unfortunately, too much weight and a bit short for my 31" draw length.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up buying a soft loc quiver, and a 12 oz solid stab and tarantulas I robbed from my compound. After fiddling with the brace height and tiller it is MUCH quieter. Just a thump. Thanks for all your input!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts