Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retiring Hunter, for health reasons: Is there a market for How art or Damon Howatt recurve? I have 3, in both the Manga and Hunter lengths in 40, 45 and 50#. Thought I'd ask before posting. Also, need advice on reasonable asking prices.
Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you post a few pictures of your 45# Damon Howatt Hunter? I'm spending a ton of time on Ebay lately just researching and prices are going up and up it seems. I would need to see pictures of all your bows before giving good advice on price ranges. The Hunter and the Mamba bows can sell for a lot if they have no holes, stress cracks or limb twist, upwards of 300 dollars would be fair but the more damage and age they are showing will drop the price substantially.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to upload pictures of the Howatt Hunter (Martin). I will also upload or can send pictures of both Mambas. At the moment, all pictures are only on my phone. All 3 bows are in excellent condition, with no limb twist. The two Mambas are a 50#, with the dh Daman Howatt logo and the Mamba snake and a45# that says "Handcrafted by Howatt" on the limb. I'll try to upload all pictures, today.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your Hunter could be anywhere from the 1950s to the present. That model has been in production so long that there is a world of difference in the riser shape and limb lay-up of the bows. My personal favorites are the early sixties bows.
Post some pictures if you can.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As requested, here are pictures of the Hunter. I will send the Mamba pictures under the next entry.. All help in identifying and determining value is appreciated!
Textile Sleeve Waist Comfort Sportswear
Sleeve Collar Sportswear Jersey Electric blue
Outerwear Jersey Textile Sleeve Flag
Textile Sleeve Thigh Waist Automotive tire

·
wozie
10 Posts
Market for these bows is excellent. They command big money as compared to most other brand of vintage bows. I saw a super diablo 40# for sale today for $350.00 and it is in good condition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Wozie! I know the Howatt bows have a following. That being said I’d like these to go to appreciative owners at reasonable prices. I imagine shipping will probably be $40? Interesting History- an Olympic Games torch was lit by a flaming arrow launched by an archer using a Mamba. Fun to watch, probably still on YouTube

·
Registered
32 Posts
That being a fairly new Hunter I’d say around 350-400. The weight is great for training and lighter hunting or just someone who has shoulder problems!

do you know the age of the Mambas? The 225 price for each on Craigslist is a fair price from what I’ve seen on those. Wish I could buy them all haha!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I could get it delivered to an avid bowman for $290 , assuming shipping was $40, I'd feel that was fair to everyone. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used to go to multiple 3D shoots, every year. Really upped my game, both in range estimation, shooting form and up and downhill shots. Haven't done it in years but they used to publish a schedule of 3D Shoots, throughout Oregon.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you happen to have any higher quality photos of the 50# Mamba? I might be able to sneak in 1 more bow and really like the look of that one. With all my 65# training I'm doing this would be so easy to shoot accurately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Taking the Hunter off the market. I need to build strength and started shooting it, even if not drawing it to full length. What a joy! Reminds me of when I was 15 and just started hunting with a Shakespeare bow and some fiberglass arrows. The mambas are still available and if I can figure out how I'll put them in the classifieds for $200 each. Thanks again to everyone for their advice!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts