Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive built my fair share of bows and i want to build this one but im looking for Measurements ...handle ,riser, nock width basic layout for a bow like this...i almost started and was going to go by eye...thank you

Attachments

·
Haybale Hunter
384 Posts
I dont know the measurements but its a nice bow.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
OLSON sorry not a lot of selfbow info on Tradtalk.Check out Primitive archers.com you will get more folks in the know.

·
Premium Member
12,969 Posts
yeh WELCOME to the forum, don't take it personal, there's just not many of us here building bows ourselves. & those that do are not real frequent posters.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a Howard Hill Half Breed 54 @ 29; 71.5" tip to tip. I'm not sure how to state the measurements you request. If you post a diagram or pm me, I'll send you the measurements using ruler or digital calipers & photo's.

Limb laminations roughly:

inner about 5mm, bamboo???
surrounded on ea side by about 3mm ea, maple???
surrounded on ea side by about 1mm ea, brown fiberglass

the tips are built up with a thin wedge of ebony or black fiberglass, about 6mm long - on the belly side between the inner lamination and the maple.

Riser handle is 12mm long at the belly side. About 14.25" between fadeouts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just came across your post. If you look in Howard Hill's book "Hunting the Hard Way" he dedicates a chapter on building his style of bow. I don't remember how detailed he is but it should be enough to get you very close.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hopefully you have resolved your issue by now but in case you haven’t this is from Howard Hill’s book “Hunting the Hard Way” as noted in the previous post by The Colonel.
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Paper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts