Trad Talk Forums banner

How the circle turns.

Tags
circle turns
2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  centershot 
#1 ·
I've only just rejoined our local archery club and come to the conclusion I'm not likely to get back to where I was when I quit three years ago because of my health issues.
I simply can't walk a full day's field or 3D course anymore because my legs start to give me heck and my shooting starts to go down the drain.
So ok I knew this was going to be an issue and I'm ok with that because I more or less had my day in the sun a while back anyway.
Shooting now is just for fun, the sport in general,the people and the club ect ect.
So I was up at the club for the commitee meeting this Sunday when the idea of getting an indoors venue up an running came up.
Well we have the venue because friends of the club control the local AMP show grounds which have several suitable buildings we can use,so we're in there.
It was then mentioned that if we're going to do this the main idea is to use it as an introduction and training center to bring new members into the club and youngsters into the sport.
So we're going to need some NZFAA qualified coaches if we want to teach young people and also to gain support as in ($$$$) from the NZFAA who are our national body.
So who's going to be coaches ???,,,,,,,and everybody looks the other way like they'd just been invited to a club working bee with no beer.
Then they all turn an look at me.
It's then pointed out that of all the commitee members there that day,I introduced most of them to Archery,Bowhunting,Bowfishing,3D and Field shooting ect ect.
It's also pointed out I'm really the only club member that has shot all forms at one stage or another and I'm not biased about weather a person wants to shoot trad or modern archery.
So along with a couple of others I'm now booked into the next level one NZFAA coaching course,and I don't have to pay for it.
I tried to look suitably reluctant, but the truth be known I've wanted to do this for a very long time but either couldn't afford it or was to involved with other things when the chance did come up.
So now I have the time,I don't have to pay for it myself,and I love bringing new people into the game.
Before I left for home after the meeting I mentioned to the club President that I had an idea why he'd been pushing so hard for me to rejoin the club just resently,,,he just laughed.
:shooting:
John.

See less See more
#2 ·
You're going to have fun. It's worthwhile and rewarding. Competition by proxy looms.

#5 ·
Good for you John ... archery needs people like you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.