Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm messing around with a new riser that is pretty much straight to slightly reflexed. Should I expect the brace height to be an inch or so lower? And the effective draw length an inch longer? The arrows I had on hand where to light of spine, and the masking tape nock kept walking around, so all I can say for sure that it feels zippy.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Not a very good one in my opinion. I would like a pro vantage or Rambo/spectra.

That makes a 25 I think and for the money you can buy a pretty decent 25 inch riser for 150 bucks or so. Check em out on ebay used or Lancasters have abunch.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
By the time you buy riser and pay to have it converted you will have less money in a decent riser like the Cartel.:cheers:

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,781 Posts
I saw a reflexed compound riser that was warf'd. It looked like a mutant bow. In this case it took a very large brace height to vertically stabilize the limbs. The high brace height probably had more to do with the limb pad angles since it was a more modern compound.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,781 Posts
Web,

I too pondered the issue...for many years in fact, until I heard an interview from a maintenance person on NPR who claimed that inside resulted is less run away's.

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll post some pretty pictures when I get it all together and maybe even cherry pick some groups. First impressions is squirly but It seems to like a 7 inch brace height and the the stacking suggested I was pulling an extra inch, and Im already at 32". If a straight riser is unforgiving of bad form, I guess I'll have to get better...:shooting:

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,781 Posts
The Sky riser is very straight. I had never noticed that before. Anyway, keep the posts coming. We don't learn as much when we only see projects at the end. This way we are seeing a bit of the thought process.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
straight means you added 1.25 -2" to your draw? Limbs wanting to flex forward?
I do like the balance. Form needing to be better. Not in my opinion, especially with a long stab.
Dan

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can say that it doesn't need a stabilizer for balance. Shot "bare" the bow moves straight forward, and if held loose the top limb slowly drops away from from your head.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
They are very shootable, just not very forgiving of any inputs. Long limbs will help you with this a lot.
Sam I would agree if it's Reflex, but straight is neutral. As far as I know, reflex or deflex are subject to hand pressure? Can you give us why it's "Not forgiving".
Dan

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.