Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently joined this forum b/c I'm just getting into traditional archery after having shot/hunted with a compound off and on for the past 35 years. I recently acquired my first trad bow, "The Royal" longbow made by Wes Wallace. The bow is used (made approx. 17 yrs. ago) and had what appeared to be a film all over the finish. Although I do not know which specific finish Mr. Wallace uses, I do know it is a 2 part epoxy type.

With your knowledge of these types of finishes, and of trad bows in general, I wondered if the bow could/should be cleaned with a rag dampened with 91% isopropyl alcohol?

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
welcome to the forum.
I will defer to one of the others to answer this, I would GUESS it would be ok.

Reactions: Natty Bumpo

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum - I would second advice above and if you've confirmed it's epoxy, alcohol should be fine; but try a small area lightly first. I'm assuming you are trying to remove wax?

Reactions: Natty Bumpo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies. I apologize about not getting back on here for a few days, but I'm one of those oddities...someone that doesn't own a computer...so I'm only around a computer once or twice a week.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts