Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you have shown pics of your kids & grandkids, good kids, & I appreciate it.
NO PICS here, but today I went out in the middle of nowhere, visited the small country gravel-road cemetery "Last Chance Cemetery" where my maternal Grandparents are buried.
A young friend of mine & his wife & small kids live near, in a converted country church - it was formerly Last Chance Church.
I visited in the yard with my friend for 30 minutes, and all the while, the young son
(7) and daughter(4) and dog(1) played, climbed trees, jumped out of the tree-house, got up in the track-hoe, just generally running amok, having fun, entertaining themselves.....and not with electronic games.
Not once did Dad need to correct the kids - or dog - and when he introduced me to the kids, they shook my hand and smiled.....then ran off to play.
My friend explained that he & the son had rebuilt the boat engine & they all were getting ready to take it to the small lake for a test run.
It's just encouraging to see the kids engrossed in good clean fun & play.
Hopefully they will grow up to be hard-working good people with good values like their Dad & Mom & grandparents.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I know exactly what you mean Steve ...good post

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Great post Steve...lots to be said for family values, good raising, and humble means and one doesn't necessarily preclude the other. We grew up drinking from garden hoses and the artesian flow well in the middle of town. There were two LEOs in the whole county and they were bored most of the time, playing pool at Red's Pool Hall and eating 25 cent hamburgers. Now there's ten and response time averages 25 minutes...

Again, great post.....

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Good post Steve, I have despaired at the worlds social direction lately, but I only have to look to my children and their children to see that there are decent people on this planet. Btw, we have a bunch of good folk here also ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.