Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK gents, here's a question for you. I picked up some new arrows last week.. GT traditionals .500 spine cut to 31" and using 125 grn field tips. I am consistently hitting left if I am aiming or instinctively shooting with a vertical bow. With both my 45# super Necedah and my 40# bear/sage. If I cant the bows they are fine??? Could this be my release? I noticed I am holding the string pretty deep in my fingers. I tried to make the arrows work for both bows.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the thing, I was shooting way over spined arrows(cabelas 65-80) full length with the same fieldtips. They hit where I was aiming but fishtailed like crazy

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't mean a big cant. I am pretty sure it is my bad release. If I draw with just the tips of my fingers and execute the perfect explosive release when everything feels just right.... They fly perfect. I'll keep messing around.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think they might be too stiff (overspined) :(

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That doesn't make sense though. They are 31" and my draw is 29" which means I'm pulling closer to 50 on the Necedah. Which should mean I am if anything underspined... ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
That doesn't make sense though. They are 31" and my draw is 29" which means I'm pulling closer to 50 on the Necedah. Which should mean I am if anything underspined... ?
Dang, that's true, you're right. I have no idea then boss. Any limb twisting?

·
Registered
291 Posts
If I draw with just the tips of my fingers and execute the perfect explosive release when everything feels just right.... They fly perfect.
That's what it is. Youre just gonna have to constantly execute that perfect release until it just comes completely natural. Muscle memory is key

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I find that even with over spined arrows if my release and follow through are slick the arrow will fly were I'm looking or aiming.
A combination of slightly over spined arrows and a poor release will always show as way over spined for me.
I find when things are not working right it's usually me,not my gear.
Having said that, I think you should be shooting full length 1535 GT trads from your bow.
With 100 to 160g field points.
I'm currently shooting 1535's cut to 29" with 225g up front from my 40lb Titan and they are heavy but fly very well.
In your position I'd buy a GT Trad test kit from 3 Rivers and bare shaft all of them to see how they work.
Now days I have the GT's solely as a hunting arrow but shoot target with Carbon Express Predator 2040's cut to 29.5 with 100g points.
They fly very nice,,and fast by 40lb standards.

John.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
How does a Bareshaft look??....I've had left/right issues that were also related to improper nock height location, when shooting off the shelf, and canting the bow...Hope this helps ya out.......Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm so glad I saw this thread! I'm having the same problem with one of my bows. I'm going to check the nock position tomorrow. Everything I shoot from the bow hits left. I'll see if moving the nock helps. I'll check back to see what might have worked for you.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 👍🇺🇸
Bows, Broadheads and Backstraps

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.