Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ya'll,

I'm H.D. and I just joined. I am 39 from Southeast Iowa. I am hear to learn more about traditional archery. It took me several years, well like 20 years to realize that big money bows, high dollar sights and drop away rests aren't everything. Ozonics machines, carbon suites, and the like. If I can some it up. I now know what it means by the saying sometimes "Less is more". Guess, it took a very, very long out of state divorce to get it through my thick skull. At any rate, I have so much more to learn and am having more fun than ever without all the other crap. I sold my Mathews and Elite bows and couldn't be happier with my less than $200 OMP Smokey Mountain Hunter bow. Sorry, for the long intro. Look forward to responding with some of you.

H.D.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Welcome aboard. Like Bow says, there's a lot of info here. Using the 'search' can get you a hundred answers for some questions - which can be overwhelming! Don't hesitate to ask anything, we all started somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As was suggested, the search button is a great feature. LOL. The only thing, I got myself in a little over my head. I got a great deal on my recurve, but they only had 50 pound limbs. I really wanted 35 or 40, but pulled the trigger because they gave me what I asked for my Elite Answer Compound. I think I'll get lighter limbs or see how it goes with these 50 pounders. I think I better get an arm guard too. Thus far I'm keeping my arm away from the string, but on my Mathews Monster bow I had with that short brace height, I smacked my arm one time and it wasn't good. LMAO

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum, H.D.
Just think H.D no cam's or bow press to contend with any more.
I made the change a few months ago to.
H.D. ILF riser bows are nice. You can change poundage limbs at will.
I think starting out 35 pounds is a nice poundage to go with. [ Later

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes. I'll check out the ILF riser bows. The final straw was when it was going to be to 100 bucks for a new string and cables for the Elite. Grant it was Winners Choice...but I ain't got a bow press. It is great being able to take it down, work on it. Wax the string, etc and not need a press. I do use a bow stringer. Just having a helluva a lot more fun. This weekend I'm going to get or make some new arrow. My full metal jackets ain't looking like are the right spine. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.