Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, want to thank everyone who has posted. Because of this site and its users I am a better archer and better hunter.

A few months ago my brother-in-law gave me a set of ilf plates, this weekend I picked up a Hoyt Spectra riser to use them on.

When using these plates, should I leave the rockers in the riser, leave the riser and grind off the nubs, or not use them at all. What effect do the rockers have on draw weight?

Also what string length would I need with long limbs and what would be a good starting brace height, my draw is about 30.5".

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the TT forum.

You will not need the rockers at all, they will add preload to the limbs. The plates need to rest on the bottom. Do a search on "Spectra Warf," settle in, get a cup of your favorite beverage and start reading and looking at the pictures. There is a great deal of info just a search away.

Someone else will chime in and give you the string info.

With your draw length you will have a nice and smooth drawing bow for a small amount of money. Enjoy it!

Again, welcome to the best archery forum.

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
HOYT Rambo/Spectra/Raider/Gamegetter risers all share that grip, ENJOY IT.
All also share the laid-back limb pocket angles, and they are good for longer-draw archers, as they gain less #s than a lot of risers do.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Get a Rambo and a Black Bear and it'll be hard to find a set of limbs anywhere near your best draw weight that you can't use. If they're a hair heavy on the Black Bear they'll be perfect on the Rambo. If they're light on the Rambo, slap'em on the Black Bear!

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
There are several factors involved with these "Plates" that you have.

Are they solid on the bottoms and the dovetails floored?

Do the plates match the pocket width?

How thick are the plates?

Do you have Limb bolt bushings?

Do you have pictures of these plates?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, they fit in the pocket perfectly, snug with no play, but you can slide them in. I know the little nub in the pocket will have to be ground off and the plates will need to be shortened.

Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts