TradTalk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a black bear warf here on TT and looking to purchase some ILF limbs . First of all I’m looking to get 37 to 40 pounds at my 29 inch draw.
Then I’m looking to get at least 60 but preferably 62 inches total length.
Was thinking of these wns limbs from Lancaster or perhaps some akusta or trad tech limbs from 3 rivers . Looking to spend around $100 at this point thanks for the help !!
I don’t know really where to start this will be primarily just for hunting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
to get 60" bow on a Black Bear warf it takes "extra short" limbs, and those are hard to find these days. Your preferably 62" bow will be with short limbs.

Reactions: Catkinson1/

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got some long DAS limbs from Three Rivers. I have a 30" draw, so I was interested in them because they measure the weight on a 17" riser. On my 19" Satori riser they are around 42lbs (got 40lbs limbs) and very smooth throughout my draw. They were also cheap if you are used to US dollars. By the time I got them up here in Canada I was into them for $350, still worth it IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
It's been a long time since I had a BB riser, but IIRC, it's actually a 21 & 1/2" riser, so... short limbs will make a 62 1/2" bow. You'll need to be mindful of that when getting strings. To check and make sure, just measure from center of limb bolt to center or limb bolt and add 5".

Also, IIRC the BB loses more weight than other 21" risers due to the limb pad angle. I'd suggest you try to find a couple BB shooters and bend their minds to find out for sure about everything I just said. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts