Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a long heavy riser that appears to share some characteristics of the Radian, perhaps it might have been call a "pro-vantage" or "Pro-star" in its original compound configuration. Sam warfed it for me a couple years back. the pockets are just barely long enough to the the ILF slot deep enough to retain the limbs when it is unstrung

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Wayne,
Based on Sylvans "Hoyt Recurve Chart" that would have to be a Radian riser circa 1994 in a non-camo color. I just acquired the compound version which had the giant overdraw feature (I just have the riser, none of the compound stuff) with the intention of converting it to single string. From your image it looks like Hoyt built the same riser for compound and recurve applications.

Thanks,

Rasyad

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sort of looks like the machine-in Radian limb pocket ends were deeply milled out to allow for the compound's moving pockets.
Several of the holes in the sight wind were left webbed rather than milled clear. perhaps to add some strength to compensated for the higher energy loads of the compounds. ON the Radian there appears to be a small boss below the grip for the nameplate. On this compound there is a larger D&T boss on the "off-side" for mounting a cable guide rod and deep round pockets for the "gold apple" medallion. There is also a slight offset in the lower part of the sight window to give a bit more "center shot clearance. this specific riser is about 21 3/4" tip to tip, so its really not all that long, maybe its the shorter version.

If someone who is coming to Compton in June has a Radian or Talon I'd really appreciate you dragging it along so I can compare it. I'll even let you shoot my Warfed version(and make you a deal on a set of Talon limbs). I can usually be found"working" at the archery range shed behind the "big tent" where the two northern target trails begin and the practice range is located

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
The Radian and Prostar were two completely different risers. CNC machining centers eliminated pretty much eliminated dual use riser's.

I think Hoyt called the way the machining cuts were offset...ISOGRID

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
All this talk of the Radian has prompted me to say, again, that IMHO, the Hoyt Radian is probably the most underrated riser that I know of, at least if ya have a straight one...And if the grip suits Ya...I had a bronze colored 23" Radian a few years back, never should have sold it...I still have a 25" Radian..............Jim

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rod that makes sense,
but it looks like it was derived from the Radian design. there look to be a lot of common features. CNC would be the only way it would make sense to produce it with any degree of profitability.

Sure makes for a nice shooting WARF though

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EXACTLY that is it for sure Thank you!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts