Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a few searches through the forum, but didn't bring up anything. If anyone could help me find a DIY target and quiver thread. If any help please post or message me.

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Hello
Be easier to find a DIY thread here. If we had a DIY heading thread Hun.;)
Hope some one can be of help to you.[ Later

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi,
If you have some carpet and a cardboard box, cut the carpet into squares and layer them in the box.
It won,t last for ever, but you have 4 sides, and you can replace the box as needed. Just keep your eyes open for the boxes, or get a few that are the same size before you cut the carpet and they'll last a good while if you keep them dry.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
friend made his with 2x4s, threaded rod & cardboard strips cut about 8" wide. take 2 pc 2x4 about 3' long, drill 3/4" holes about 4" in from ends. cut cardboard strips to fit between holes & stack them up about 3' deep. put threaded rods (with nuts one end) through holes in 2x4s, & put nuts/washers on other ends. compress cardboard till tight! when you shoot out center, beg, buy, borrow or steal more cardboard as needed.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
friend made his with 2x4s, threaded rod & cardboard strips cut about 8" wide. take 2 pc 2x4 about 3' long, drill 3/4" holes about 4" in from ends. cut cardboard strips to fit between holes & stack them up about 3' deep. put threaded rods (with nuts one end) through holes in 2x4s, & put nuts/washers on other ends. compress cardboard till tight! when you shoot out center, beg, buy, borrow or steal more cardboard as needed.
Did the same thing, but didn't compress the cardnoard really tight.

I hung a piece of heavy industrial rubber belting behind.

Arrows pass through the cardboard and whack the belting without piercing it.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I have a 4x4 ft piece of 3 ply belting hanging behind my foam block in the back yard. a broadhead will stick into it, but not pass through...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts