Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the correct place. Did not see a newbie forum. I am 53 have not shot a bow in 30 years. I used to have a recurve and a Bear compound. I have got the archery bug and had started scouring the Internet. And since I was not interested in hunting I would like to get into a recurve or a primitive stickbow. And before I could get a bow my 9 year old granddaughter said she would like to get a bow. So I took her to the local shop and they let her shoot a Gensis bow. And she was all smiles. So I guest my quest is in limbo until I get her a bow and accessories. She wants a pink bow who would have guessed that lol.

Ron

·
Registered
291 Posts
If youre short on money, I suggest either a Samick Sage or a Bear Grizzly. I own both and theyre sweet shooters. Theres no comparison though, my grizzly blows the sage out of the water in terms of smoothness and just sheer beauty

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hi Ron and welcome.
Here you'll find all sorts of folks from all over the world shooting all sorts of bows ... you name it, we shoot it, and we talk about it.
Nice to have you here.

·
Premium Member
12,785 Posts
welcome to the forum
I'll spend your money, I'll suggest you buy a warf riser & some less expensive ILF limbs to begin with.
The warf riser might be the only riser you ever need, shoots great, and you can upgrade limbs if needed later.
Not exactly primitive, a warf riser is a metal compound riser with pockets converted to ILF (international limb fitting).
Main thing is not to start with too heavy pounds, begin light and work your way up as needed.
Not hunting, you said, so starting lighter in pounds makes a lot of sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.