Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
John Conaway
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I am nine weeks out from my heart surgery and it's time for an update. My eight week checkup with my cardiologist and pcp went very well. Still three weeks more with the life vest defibrillator and then a 2d echo. Then should be ready for cardio rehab I know I won't need a defibrillator implant. Got the go ahead to start riding the bicycle outdoors. Went about 25 miles on it today. So much more fun to travel the dirt roads than on the exercise bike.
It was a rainy week and I got so bored I decided to put together a light weight recurve and see if I can draw it. Td3 riser with a Sam ilf conversion and a set of 26# SF med limbs made about a 63" bow drawing probably 30#? Couldn't budge it! Turned the bolts out some more and after about fifty tries I got it back. I can now draw and hold it a couple times. A major victory.Will shoot is after I get to rehab.
God truly does answer prayer sometimes with more blessings than we can imagine. Thanks everyone for your prayers and good wishes please continue to send them up.
John

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
Hello
I sure am glad for you John. Sounds like you are progressing in the right direction. And will be back in the main stream before you know it.Keep us posted of your continued progress.. [ Later

·
Premium Member
12,792 Posts
GLAD to hear you're playing with bows again JOHN
Thanks for updating us here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.