Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I love that one Rusty!
I have only had one, one piece longbow. It was a centaur and i wish i had it back... I am on the waitlist for another. But this makes me very interested in trying a harrier royal.

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best grip I have ever shot on a long bow. great sight window. nice weight.

I wonder why we don't see more of them in States competition.

This one is wood core. shoot a 350 gr arrow at 184 fps. my hunting bow just shoots it at 188 fps.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I love the limb shape/construction, but it needs a heavier riser.

-Grant

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Registered
414 Posts
I strongly considered the Border Harrier Royale, but came to the same conclusion as Grant, that for a tournament longbow I needed as much riser mass weight as possible. Hence, I ended up with a 70" Timberpoint Odyssey Kraken longbow with a total weight of 3 pounds 10 ounces, and a also a very nice higher grip similar in shape your Harrier.

Mark

Attachments

·
Spearhead
3,870 Posts
Rusty I'm not sure if it's legal in ibo or NFAA, but then againim not going to be a national level shooter.
For my decision it's a functional standpoint for local hunting and some target shooting.
If at a shoot and they stick me in a recurve class so be it, I just enjoy shooting the bow.

Chad

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
my favorite one piece long bow is the Borders Harrier Royale. 39# OMF, 66" woodcore/black glass.

very good manners, best grip I have shot on a long bow,
The black glass is actually ud carbon.
the only glass fiber in the bow is the red and white accent stripes in the riser.

The limbs are 100% glass free.

Wood core and carbon. Thats it

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
If you want mass we have added to the riser length. But i suppose we could make it out of some phenolic we have just recieved...
we have 2 sheets of 5ftx4ft that are not cotton or linin. Its paper.... and very black in colour

we also have a test sheet of graphite filled phenolic.
Its a green colour.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry. it is wood core ud carbon :) I was wondering how it was so fast. DUH.

I shoot my predator .600 hunting arrows

I hunt with them out of a pretty hot recurve at 188 fps.

the fact is I got the Royale all rigged with wooden arrows. I shoots then very near the same groove as my old Bear Kodiak Special did that was several pounds heavier draw. I got some custom tapered POC, very nice. tapered to get them as light as possible. 80 yards is a long way for any 39# long bow :)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll weigh mine when I got home. While the Royale has a full pistol grip and good weight (IMO) it retains the feel and dexterity of a long bow. I have shot several local 3D courses with it. Very nice.

I can guess that a green phenolic Royale would be breath taking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.