Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuned my 29" Lightspeeds as they're sitting around gathering dust, 45g inserts and 145g point 420g total fly very nice.

I shot the 3D course from weekends tourney, feels like all the Form work I did stringwalking translated over to split finger Instinctive shooting, not even close to the accuracy/consistency as the Vanquish setup but I consistently kept my shots in the vitals and had a lot of FUN with this bow, it's so easy to just pick up and shoot to a reasonable standard.

With Stringwalking I'm doing a lot of distance estimation, the Orion I just have one constant sight picture (33y max on 3D) so it feels more fluid/relaxed, with the Vanquish I expect the arrow in the 10, the Orion when I did nail the 10 it put a little smile on my face, good FUN.

Off to Finland tomorrow to shoot 3D on a very challenging course, I'm shooting the Vanquish but next year I'm pretty sure I will shoot this tourney with the Orion, it has several moving targets and some broadhead hunter shots, I have some Lightspeeds setup on the Vanquish but straight afterward the tourney I will start using my new 550 Carbon1's with 100g points for 3D, they're grouping way better than the Lightspeeds.

I seem to be healing well, maybe a couple of small scars on my face/head to remind me not to be so stupid, I'm changing my story from "The fire blew up in my face" to "My shooting was so hot I caught fire" it sounds better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I seem to be healing well, maybe a couple of small scars on my face/head to remind me not to be so stupid, I'm changing my story from "The fire blew up in my face" to "My shooting was so hot I caught fire" it sounds better.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Sounds like a very plausible explanation. lol

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
shoot well in Finland Steve, glad you're healing up ok!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts