Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
second part.
Enjoy. i know its more work. but it's worth it.
Dan

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Excellent link Dan ... thanks very much .... (y)

Reactions: DDD

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I'm surprised about the suggestion that bows be set to have the arrow in the same plane as the string and limbs. Most are offset left for a righty. That does simplify things.

I set my conventional bows offset left, but SR's are in the same plane. I aways thought this was because of the stiff tips on the SR.

A lot of the suggestions are problematic for people not shooting a sight. I've tried putting a sight on, but it seems that I can shoot a better gap than a sight. I'd like to see a solution for that.

Richard Cockrill's (SP) 'Tuning the modern recurve is a little more detailed than that. But still a very good read.

In my opinion the average archer and maybe above that should at least start tuning with impacts. Paper is good for fine tuning and verifiction.

Thanks Dan, I needed the refresher.

Bowmania

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, tuning details for Olympic type bow. Plunger and sight.
Some of the thought did carryover to barebow in my opinion. I have move my center, BH and tiller, if the bow has that adjustment to where it shoots best.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm surprised about the suggestion that bows be set to have the arrow in the same plane as the string and limbs. Most are offset left for a righty.
Bowmania
Just out of interest. in which of the three cardinal planes do you think the string and limbs reside and operate

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Dan, thar's an excellent paper ..... do you think it's worth having a word with the admin folks to see if we can have this as a sticky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts