Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evergreen archers in Spokane has the nicest 3D range going and sets a challenging course.

First shot of the day - made you step back and rethink things.

You field guys recognize this rock ??

If you were a short lefty on this shot you were SOL. That's a turkey facing right with it's head behind the rock. The rock just touched the 10 ring.

There is a snake between those two P-pines.

Cool shot - had steep down hill on a bear on the other side.

Our "unicorn" awards - we were the only people in our classes. This was my first shoot since Trad Worlds and I shot some real strong confident 5s today ;-). Mostly I had a great time poking foam with my kid.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Nice Matt and Olivia.....remember a course like that near Utica montana......just rocks everywhere...you miss....kiss the arrow good bye......sure makes you think twice though.

remeber the cougar....in a cave.....rock outcroppping right in the 10.....you had to almost hit it to get a 10

cwazy.......then the had the disc from a discing machine with a 3" hole cut in the center. It was the heart shot on a sheep at 30 yards......you miss or you usually destroy an arrow......no 5's or 8's on that target.

Jer

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys have some great courses. A lot of work setting them up!

Glad you had a good time with your girl.
Zulu

You hit the nail on the head. The core guys at this club work their buts off setting a good course. I always make a point of thanking them for the work and thought that goes into the set up.

There is a big difference between shooting some targets thrown out in the woods and shooting a well laid out and challenging course.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to see the weather's breaking in your neck of the woods! Congrats on the day y'all had!
Still have a bunch of snow over my way. The cat hunting has gotten hard scent trailing an rain don't mix well.

Matt

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Matt, that course looks like it was great fun, although maybe a bit tough on the ol' scorecard. Being able to share the experience with your daughter just makes the day that much better. You're a lucky man.

...I shot some real strong confident 5s today ;-).
That sentence is signature worthy! :D

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
Nice MATT, you're a lucky man, lot of kids won't spend time with parents - -enjoy the time with your YOUNG LADY there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.