Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evergreen archers in Spokane has the nicest 3D range going and sets a challenging course.

First shot of the day - made you step back and rethink things.

You field guys recognize this rock ??

If you were a short lefty on this shot you were SOL. That's a turkey facing right with it's head behind the rock. The rock just touched the 10 ring.

There is a snake between those two P-pines.

Cool shot - had steep down hill on a bear on the other side.

Our "unicorn" awards - we were the only people in our classes. This was my first shoot since Trad Worlds and I shot some real strong confident 5s today ;-). Mostly I had a great time poking foam with my kid.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Great photos Matt, looks like a cracking course. I'm glad you and Olivia had some fun with no snow around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Nice Matt and Olivia.....remember a course like that near Utica montana......just rocks everywhere...you miss....kiss the arrow good bye......sure makes you think twice though.

remeber the cougar....in a cave.....rock outcroppping right in the 10.....you had to almost hit it to get a 10

cwazy.......then the had the disc from a discing machine with a 3" hole cut in the center. It was the heart shot on a sheep at 30 yards......you miss or you usually destroy an arrow......no 5's or 8's on that target.

Jer

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
You guys have some great courses. A lot of work setting them up!

Glad you had a good time with your girl.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Glad to see the weather's breaking in your neck of the woods! Congrats on the day y'all had!

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys have some great courses. A lot of work setting them up!

Glad you had a good time with your girl.
Zulu

You hit the nail on the head. The core guys at this club work their buts off setting a good course. I always make a point of thanking them for the work and thought that goes into the set up.

There is a big difference between shooting some targets thrown out in the woods and shooting a well laid out and challenging course.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to see the weather's breaking in your neck of the woods! Congrats on the day y'all had!
Still have a bunch of snow over my way. The cat hunting has gotten hard scent trailing an rain don't mix well.

Matt

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Matt, that course looks like it was great fun, although maybe a bit tough on the ol' scorecard. Being able to share the experience with your daughter just makes the day that much better. You're a lucky man.

...I shot some real strong confident 5s today ;-).
That sentence is signature worthy! :D

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Nice MATT, you're a lucky man, lot of kids won't spend time with parents - -enjoy the time with your YOUNG LADY there.

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
matt, there is one coming up at moses lake that the traditional bowhunters of washington puts on. it's called the "rock shoot". the enclosed picture shows why it's called that! it's the weekend after easter.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Larry I've always wanted to shoot that one but I dipped into the "fun fund" pretty hard this year hunting cats. Only traveling I'll be doing this year will be for trad worlds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts