Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't wait to string them up once I first put my hands on them. They might not have those sexy curves like some of the others out there, but man, they can train an arrow to hit in the middle. #onehappycamper.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dang, where are the curves....they look like longbow limbs!

I bet they are really slow,I wish you were still shooting against me!

Your friend

Dewayne

Reactions: rsarns

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Nothing like a change of limbs to relight the archery sparkle.....................

Very nice background scenery, a familiar colour. :)

Reactions: Demmer

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Little more BH and you've got an NFAA longbow!

-Grant

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
John congrats on your shooting at Nationals and congrats on the new limbs

Win Win ?
Thanks Joe. Not bad for a second field course ever shot. :) They are my new target ultimate pro limbs. I bumped up a couple pounds. They should be 47ish otf. They are a great limb for the price. I wish they didn't cancel that line and the elite plus line.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello All
Nice limbs, nice risers.. What is your bow length now, and brace height.Thanks [ Later
I usually always shoot 70". No change there. Brace is usually 8.5-9.25". Usually run .125-.375" positive tiller. I have some experimenting to do, so those rigs aren't set in stone yet.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I usually always shoot 70". No change there. Brace is usually 8.5-9.25". Usually run .125-.375" positive tiller. I have some experimenting to do, so those rigs aren't set in stone yet.

Mr. Demmer,
Respectfully, from photos you seem about my height 5'-10"ish....I seem to be shrinking with age.....
You said you usually shoot 70"....
May I ask your height? I'm trying to build a mental data bank while trying to get the monetary bank ready for a target bow purchase :) LOL!!

I appreciate you top shots sharing your knowledge and experience

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I am just under 5'10" with a wingspan of 6'2". There is no reason shorter guys cant shootv longer bows:)

Mr. Demmer!!

I've fancied myself as mostly a hunter...and 66" has been my top length limit of preference....though I've owned a couple of super shooter in the 68" and 70" range.....

Do most target folks go for longer bows?? The way I'm setting up these days...my draw length is right at 28" for LB or RC....maybe 1/8" to 1/4" less.....

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I feel I gain more in forgiveness than loss in speed. I actually hunt with pretty much the same rig as well as 70" self bows. Most good target shooters are usually in the 68-70" range.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts