Trad Talk Forums banner

Got my falco & hollleeee cow! (pix)

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rick Harrelson 
#1 ·
So there i was..in the backyard....kinda ticked that 3 creeks took nearly a week to get points to me for tuning my arrows for my whip..taking a break..doing a lil house cleaning...went to take out some garbage and freaking trip over this long cardboard tube laying in front of my door..what the?..i can't believe it...could it possibly be?..all the way from texas and i just bought it like 2 nights ago?..WOW! THAT WAS FAST!

So with hands shaking?..i tear the end off and sure enough...it's my new-to-me $200 Falco Vintage from the classifieds..and as i'm looking it over?...there's a couple scratches here and there..but then?..i couldn't believe my eyes...as i thought...don't tell me...as i see a very faint black line running from tip to tip just under the curly birch verniers...

and see...the listing just stated that it was a 68"/33#@28 "Falco Vintage"...never stating exactly which model as they seemingly all have "Falco Vintage" as "part of" a generic name on all their bows...so i was sorta left wondering exactly what model it was...as i couldn't even find anything on JUST a "Falco Vintage"...and sure enough?..(besides the fact that it's a 66"er and not a 68"er as listed?..which btw suites me better)...the seller kinda left out the fact that it's a...

A Falco "TROPHY CARBON!"...66"/33#@28 and listed on their sight as their "FLAGSHIP BOW"!

here's what Falco says...

Full Information
Falco Trophy has been the flagship of our collection for many years. A bow of exceptional shooting qualities and stability, it has accompanied many top shooters in competitive archery and hunting on their quests. That in Europe and also further. Trophy is a bow that is almost always custom made for the specific shooter only and is highly customizable according to the special requests of the buyer. The choice of materials for the bow is also vast as we have the possibility to combine different rare and exclusive sorts of valuable wood. Combined together they make a truly unique and eye-catching piece of art. We believe that the bow must in addition to its premium shooting qualities also be a work of art - special and close to the shooters heart.

The use of exotic wood often also provides weight and hence also stability to the bow riser which is especially true for heavy wood such as ebony, palisander or other wood types that sink in the water. In partnership with the Finnish company CWP we also offer 2- or 3-color combinations of what they call colorwood - deep colored wood made in a special patented technology. Possible tones of color are 12 and all combinations of them are possible to be used in the riser.

The bow handle is custom hand made and is fitted into the palm perfectly offering comfort and stability for shooting. The choice of handle types include the standard low wrist grip with the included "Falco finger-cut" but also a higher wrist grip pistol handle unique for Falco longbows.

For those who aim maximum bow efficiency and greater arrow speed, we also offer the possibility to add extra Carbon layers in the limbs. For those who seek for a really unique and high-end beauty, we can also offer rattlesnake skin backing on the front side of the limbs.

Profile: Reflex-deflex

Riser wood choice: Palisander, curly birch, padouk, zebrano, american walnut, bocote, cocobolo, wenge, lacewood etc.

Also Colorwood 2- or 3-colored combinations

Front and back side of the bow: Under the transparent lamination we can use decorative lamination of any of the following wood type: palisander, macassar ebony, bubinga, zebrano, curly birch, bird's eye maple, olive ash etc.

Handedness: RH or LH
Finish laquer: Satin matt, high gloss at special order (see below)
Bowstring: Spectra Flemish (Fast Flight) - included in the price
Arrow shelf: Natural fur

Somebody Pinch Me! and Thanks BHall!

L8R!...I gotz some shoot'in ta do! :lol:

Bill.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.