Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at limbs but I have been out for a couple of years and have not kept up.
Good LB limbs reasonably priced these days?

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
35,40,45 all on back order but decent price, thank you.
Anybody try the Chinese limbs, Junk?

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bosen chinese ones come well recommended. Been debating picking up a set of their higher end ones.
Anyone have experience with the Chinese LB limbs?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Sam,

I've owned two sets of Bosen ILF longbow limbs; two sets of Dryad's; two sets of Sky's and a set of Tradtech's. All were very nice and performed about like you'd expect. I'll have to say, IMHO the Bosen's were just as good as the others and cost a whole lot less. I'm talking about performance, construction and finish here.

One thing though... on my scales both sets of the Bosen's weighed 5# heavier than marked.

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sam,

I've owned two sets of Bosen ILF longbow limbs; two sets of Dryad's; two sets of Sky's and a set of Tradtech's. All were very nice and performed about like you'd expect. I'll have to say, IMHO the Bosen's were just as good as the others and cost a whole lot less. I'm talking about performance, construction and finish here.

One thing though... on my scales both sets of the Bosen's weighed 5# heavier than marked.
Much thanks Jim! Do you know what Riser length the Chinese limbs are weighted for?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Mine were rated on a 17" riser.

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
I reckon the bamboo longbow limbs mentioned earlier are Chinese as well.
They lack the "Made in the USA"- flag in the 3Rivers catalog. And the price would also be a giveaway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I reckon the bamboo longbow limbs mentioned earlier are Chinese as well.
They lack the "Made in the USA"- flag in the 3Rivers catalog. And the price would also be a giveaway.
They are indeed made in China. And they're great! Same with the beloved TradTech Black Max 2.0s. Nothing wrong with other nations manufacturing things. 🤓

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
I'll refrain from answering in detail lest we delve into politics which is a subject not discussed here.
But to put it simply, as a consumer just about the only (albeit minuscule ) chance I have to effect change is by choosing whom I support with my money. If at all possible, I choose not to support China.

But no more about this in public.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My Centaurs XL's are my favorite but are unfortunately no longer made. If I wanted to get a set now, I would look to Jim Belcher or Javaman.
The former are glass only I believe and the latter carbon but I suspect performance is pretty close. I have heard good things about both Bosen & Das which are both imported and with limited availability last I checked.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on Junxing LB limbs on ebay. About $85. I think they're about the same as the Black Hunter lb = Lancaster Galaxy Ember. When I iron out my ilf likes and dislikes, I'll consider premium limbs & risers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thread 8 months ago along the same lines.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thread 8 months ago along the same lines.

Nothing like a Hill I bet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I picked up some Bosen Carbon and Bamboo a few years ago. Mostly sat around in my house until a few months back. I vaguely recall that when I first put together on a Lark 23" they were sort of fun, and shot accurately, but they were noisy and tons of hand shock, and I just left them alone for a few years.

Picked up again and experimented with them until I got them working nicely- basically I found that, with these limbs and this riser, that I needed to really crank the limbs down, and even built out some thin nylon washers about 1/16-1/8" thick to put under the limb bolts. This made the bow more "straight line" shaped when unstrung, matching more the curve I have on one piece longbows laying around here. Brace dropped from "way big" to more like reported for one piece bows, shock down, noise down, etc.

No concerns with the Bosen limbs so far. They look like new, seem to shoot fine, are attractive. Only maybe 600 -1200 shots through it though, so it is still "new". I think I liked idea of black fiber visible on limbs to mate to the black on my Lark riser, not the fact that they were "carbon fiber" or "Bamboo"- I don't really chase speed much anymore.

I like to shoot it now. it is at a very low draw weight, like 20# at 28", maybe a bit more. When I go to range I loosen up with some stretches, then grab that light bow and shoot a few dozen arrows to really warm up, then go to whatever bow/bows I am shooting for the rest of the day. Seems like a reasonable way to warm up to me. At short ranges I think it holds tighter groups than my lighter draw weight recurves, hides some of my release errors. And the draw cycle is very easy and pleasant feeling. Then I leave it aside for beginners who drop by our public range and want to try a bow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts