Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Nice thing about the UL/Velocity shafts is that you can go stiffer shaft and heavy point fir higher foc

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice thing about the UL/Velocity shafts is that you can go stiffer shaft and heavy point fir higher foc
That's what I was aiming for, pun intended. I used them this last weekend at a 3D shoot and they preformed very nicely. I didn't get much time, maybe 100 arrows, to try and adjust to the new gap as I was use to shooting 34" and these are 32" so it opened it up a good bit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Shot quite a few Hunters and Velocities. My go to Trad arrow has been the Vintages.

Recently switched to Blak Eagle Outlaw for the price and weight reduction . These are for stumping and informal 3D. Absolutely love them.

Very consistent so far and a little tougher than the hunters and velocity. Those break real easy on a rock or even hard stump.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Shot quite a few Hunters and Velocities. My go to Trad arrow has been the Vintages.

Recently switched to Blak Eagle Outlaw for the price and weight reduction . These are for stumping and informal 3D. Absolutely love them.

Very consistent so far and a little tougher than the hunters and velocity. Those break real easy on a rock or even hard stump.
I've rarely had a problem with the GT Hunters 340 spine and stiffer. I've put them through severe abuse. I shot one into a rock the other day head on and it did send the insert up the shaft, carbon death bloom. But that hasn't happened often while stumping and hunting. Never shot the Outlaw's but will see if I can find some suppliers to my region. Always up for trying a new shaft.

Still, the toughest I've ever seen are the Accmos. My hunting buddy shoots his 350 spine Accmos into anything, and they do not change. They're about 3 bucks each on Aliexpress. The GT Hunters I have now for 2 hunting rigs will be the last I buy. Switching to Accmos for hunting. Bought some 250 spine for my 60lb (63lb OTF). Shoot great.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts