Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Matt Potter Im yanking grips off my bows like they have the plague. Just thought Id share what I do once the grip is removed. I got the idea off AT in the DIY section. Its parachute chord and I strip out the inner chords and just use the shealth.

Here is my SF Forged with the factory grip.

Here it is with the parachord. I believe the original grip was low/medium, now its more of a super low and I really like it!

Reactions: kakend

·
markliep
687 Posts
Am totally with you re removing grips - just a lot easier to consistently shoot off a riser if you like a low grip anyway - I make thin wooden side plates & use a small piece of rubber tape to cover the back riser piece - helps offset the cold when you're shooting at temps below zero - M.

·
j-san = Jason
1,671 Posts
Looks good with the paracord. I tried the grip-less riser before but used tennis racquet tape instead. Never really got used to the super low wrist grip, so the plastic one went back on.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Although it requires periodic replacement, that self adhesive bandage wrap stuff called either Vet-Flex or Co-Flex works well.

And the best part is that it comes in different cool colors! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks good. my Das came with the regular grip and I took it off and put some vettape on it . I orderd a extra low grip for it and it works okay but. I tryed the raquet tape on it and I like it the best of anything I have tried.

·
Registered
171 Posts
On my Das it is more low. it feels like I have a more even presure on the grip with a very good balance. when drawn feels more steady and the bow just sets for me. but everyone is different.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does that make you use a low grip on the bow, or are you still able to shoot a medium or high wrist?
I doubt it. That is the problem for me with the different grips, your hand contact can change and you can easily "heel" the bow. With it this low, dare I say its almost impossible to heel it, and it just feels comfy.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. my Das came with the regular grip and I took it off and put some vettape on it . I orderd a extra low grip for it and it works okay but. I tryed the raquet tape on it and I like it the best of anything I have tried.
I have read about the racket tape and when I went to the store and saw $30+ for a roll, I thought, maybe this isnt what I want. If it worked, not a bad cost, but pricey for me to just "experiment". I tried hockey tape and dont like it. I happen to have a 300ft spool of black parachord, so 96" off that seems free. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Wilson racket tape at walmart was under 3.00 if you cannot get it any cheaper I will get you some and send it to you if you wont to try it.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Wilson racket tape at walmart was under 3.00 if you cannot get it any cheaper I will get you some and send it to you if you wont to try it.
I will look again, but it was rediculously over priced. I was at Dunhams, the ripoff store that gives you a 25% off coupon to make you think your saving money. lol I just googled the tape and your right it can be had for $3-$10.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts