Trad Talk Forums banner

Fun archery accuracy games

5K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  TeamRetic 
#1 ·
I wounder if you guys every do different kinds of games to work on your accuracy. Every Sunday, I go shoot with my buddies and we always come up with different games to work on our accuracy. The things we did are put coffee cups on the target and we shoot in the cup at different distances. Then we put a coffee lid on a string and try to hit that. We also shoot at a big stick and try to destroy it LOL. We put all kinds of stuff on the target like trying to hit golf tees and shoot at different distances. We even put money on the target LOL. We also come up with some pretty off the wall games like trying to shoot on one foot, eat and shoot at the same time while sitting on the ground, shoot from our belly or back. We also try to work on not letting things distract us. I have fun and it improves my shooting and have a lot of fun doing it.

#4 ·
I have trouble uploading videos because of my internet connection is slow, takes hours for me to upload a video and I just do not have the time and I do not like the way the forum deals with attachments, I cannot attach things anymore because I reach my limit.

#5 ·
Upload everything to photobucket then link, that is the easiest way.

As for games, I love shooting field either NFAA or WA.

Grant

#6 ·
I can get pictures, but I always forget to video anything because I am having so much at the range that pulling out my camara does not cross my mind. Everyone is shooting there bows. It is rare for me to post a video because it takes too long.

#11 ·
On Sundays when our group gets together for informal shooting and BS sessions at the club we always wind up with a plastic soda bottle in a string in front of the 30 yard target. We bang away at it.

A couple of weeks ago my friend handed me his newly refinished Howatt Hi Speed and said I had to shoot this bow. One shot I nailed the bottle and handed it back to him and said "It shoots nice." The gang cracked up.

#14 ·
No the funniest is when you shoot a steel deer and don't realize it until you walk up to it like I did at Shade Mtn. this year. You shot it and another deer from a tree stand and I just couldn't tell. My friend who didn't shoot it said "You know that was a steel deer, right?"

#16 ·
As we come into the new year and have a few trad based comps to attend I do start to practice aerials,moving targets,shooting off one or both knees and snap shooting at close range.
All theses types of shots appear at our trad shoots so I practice for them well before hand.
With longbow I also like to play with a swinging tennis ball on a string in close, and also long shots out to 180 yards for the Howard Hill 180 yard elk shot.
It's all fun.

John.

#17 ·
I play the classic game with my three year old where I place an apple on his head

Reactions: eriks
#18 ·
Just kiddin

Reactions: JParanee
#20 ·
I was at a trad event and they had the arrow breaking steel target. It was a steel animal of some kind, forgot which one and the center is foam. A lot of my friends end up breaking their arrows. I did not shoot at the steel target, I shot the foam one instead and got less points. Glad I had a choice, did not want to break my arrow lol

#30 ·
Once in a great while, one of the archery ranges have an event called the Smoker round. In that round you only get to shoot one arrow at each target. You can only use the same arrow through out the round. I think there is like 14 targets. So if you lose the arrow you are out. If you break the arrow, you are out. You can repair the arrow, but you are only allowed to use one arrow. Now that is very challenging.

#31 ·
We used to shoot at apples, frisbees, throw hoops, and our favorite was to play tag with blunted tips on our arrows. Haha it was fun

-"Progress once meant hope for the future, now it will destroy it."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.