Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a couple shoots this year and I really enjoy the fun targets and challenging shots. Would love to see pics of your shoots. I wish I would have taken more pictures but I'll post up the few I have.
This one was pretty neat. A zombie coming up from the ground.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw quite a few arrow lost on the beaver hut and the 55yard shot on the bull. There was also a steel deer target that I didn't get a picture of but it was entertaining when you'd here a "Clang" echo through the trees and guys laughing. I gotta remember to get more pics or video at the next shoot. It's a blast!

·
Spearhead
3,566 Posts
The widow is a nice touch. Water hazards are fun, last 3d had a carp at 35 with a pond behind it, come to think of it most of the 40 targets had a water hazard and wouldn't you know I loose an arrow on a carabu with thick thick underbrush
:)
Dead Fred I just got for my sons birthday and he loves it.

Chad

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, so this is wierd. When I look at this on my ipad all pics are vertical, but when I'm looking at it on my desktop computer, the first 4 pics are on their side. Anyone computer savy know why or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! Scott

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Here are a few from Moses Lake Traditional Bowhunters of Washington "Rock Shoot"... its a blast. These are from 2011.

1st one is a severe downhill off a rock outcropping, 4th is the outcropping you shoot from.

2nd pic is the flying turkey, one of a few mover targets they setup. 3rd is me shooting 2 arrows at once off my longbow at a ramp, it then deflects the arrow up at a deer target. Ricochet shot.. very cool.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
The fun for me is in variety, not neccessarily distance.

I want a shoot to have lots of angles, lots of variety in targets and a wide variety in distances. Seems some days I could shoot everything for 22yds and be in the 10.

-Grant

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
My local course, yes that's my finger compound, shooting in the BH class (no sights, fingers). 1st pic if you look there is a bear in the creek below (thru the trees), 50 yards. 2nd is a downhill 42 yarder, with a big cut in yardage, a standing bear. 3rd is a picture looking back up the hill of the 2nd, when we were setting up for a State shoot and measuring the distance to make sure.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Silver arrow has amazing downhill shots! Love that 42yd, think I shoot it for ~32yds or so.

Had our provincial championships last weekend. Had a shot which was no-joke a 50% cut. Bottom limb between the legs and string nearly making contact in a very personal way ;)

-Grant

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Silver arrow has amazing downhill shots! Love that 42yd, think I shoot it for ~32yds or so.

Had our provincial championships last weekend. Had a shot which was no-joke a 50% cut. Bottom limb between the legs and string nearly making contact in a very personal way ;)

-Grant
At the State Safari on that particular shot, I had to stand all contorted as my sidebar was in a precarious position... :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.