Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine started this 3D shoot last year. This guy knows how to put a shoot on. He has a longer distance on the trad stake, average about 23 yards it seemed like. Max was 30 yards. Only seemed like 1 or 2 that was less than 15 yards. Rest was 20-30 yards and has 30 targets. Also he uses ASA scoring. If anyone is interested and would travel to the Perryville Missouri area, I can post a pic of the flier for directions and dates. He also posts dates on 3Dshoots.com The first one was this weekend. I just shot this one today and posted a score of 246. Took first place. Come on out and shoot with us. We need more trad shooters.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
Nice shooting Eric!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To bad you ain't closer Steve. I could yes some competition at this shoot. Me and my wife was only one there. My friends that I normally shoot with run scared from this on. Yardages are to far.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
To bad you ain't closer Steve. I could yes some competition at this shoot. Me and my wife was only one there. My friends that I normally shoot with run scared from this on. Yardages are to far.

Did i get this right, 30yards max ! And thats too far !

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did i get this right, 30yards max ! And thats too far !
Yeah, that's right. I thought it was a relief to not shoot on top of the target. There was one target that was about 10 yards and the ones before and after was in the 25-30 yard range. The ten yard was harder to judge than any other. The guy that started the shoot was ranked top ten in IBO open compound a little while back. He likes a longer shot. He also shoots for Mathews.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The open compound guys (a few of them) were complaining about 50 yard max. I know trad shooters on here that would love to shoot their distance.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Our ABA association is probably the mayor field and 3d organisation in Australia, all types of bows shoot 5 animal size groups, 8metres, 18metres,28metres,38metres and 48metres with a +/- of 10% allowed when a course is set. Animal sizes go from rabbit size for group 1 to buffalo size (half of actual) for group 5. Juniors and cubs get a pro rata closer peg. Even our trad guys like the distances. Hard to imagine a full range of max 30yards. But I do understand it represents hunting ranges. I recon I would shoot high ! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts